View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #58
Junkie

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
I sense jealously more than anything in this thread.
All racing is the same, competition of speed in shortest amount of time to reach a specific goal.
To say one form is more or less difficult than the other is silly.

A 1500+hp car racing another is just plain cool. Great video.
Exactly, and its exactly how its been for years. 1/8th mile guys talk shit about 1/4. 1/4 guys talk shit about mile/half mile/TI, etc... Roll racers talk shit about drag racing.

The only issue I have with any of this. Is the judgement with lack of experience. That drives me nuts in every area of motorsports. I hear from Road Racers CONSTANTLY that they don't drag race because its boring and easy, yet they have never driven anything faster then a 12 second car and have no real world experience.

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Didn't know boosted's cars has changed so much. Your right I don't follow it much because I don't have the time so I don't know the present state of his car. I just have always heard his car car was full interior. My bad.

No I don't know what it's like to have a billion hp car and roll race because I don't care.

I was simply stating that's a pretty lame form of racing to me (my personal opinion). Y'all don't have to get so defensive about that. I'm just stating my opinion.
Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
But but Danny they have 1300+ HP how can you not think they are cool?

You guys are missing our point. Just not a fan of this type of racing. I prefer racing that is more about the driver than the car itself, which is why I like autocross and road racing. That's just my opinion. The level of skill for the driver is less than that on a road course or even drag strip imo that's all I'm saying. Yes I know it prolly takes more skill to roll race one of these compared to drag racing a Honda or some crap. Just simply stating if I had that kind of money not the kind of race car I would build. Not saying it's not cool. Fuck Yea who doesn't want to see a car do 180 in a safe environment but just not my cup of tea. More impressive to me if it can do 180 in the 1/4
Not thinking its cool, and it not being your fine is all well and good. The only thing im disagreeing with is how you guys seem to take that it takes less setup/skill/etc... to get these cars to hook. When in reality you have no experience with it. Experience > reading shit in motor trend and thinking you know whats up

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I don't see 180 out of some of these cars. Maybe 175 or so. Only because they make up so much MPH on the back half.
Several have been 180+ at the track

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I think the elitist group are missing the point. Nobody is saying the cars aren't cool. I know it takes some skill to drive them but no where near road racing or drag racing (not saying these cars can't do it, had to say that before that got thrown in my face). I just don't find it entertaining to watch, maybe its different in person I don't know. That's my whole complaint is its not fun to watch. Its roll racing, roll racing isn't that fun to watch in person let alone on the computer.

Before this gets going I know my fox is slow and I can't compete with these cars. I do not have car penis envy, so that's not why I am saying this.

Don't bring up drag racing either because it takes a hell of a long time to get a setup dialed in and running the times you want. I did race for a long time and my 1/8 and 1/4 miles times are better than most the cars on this site and dfwm. I just don't brag about them, now that I sold it I really can't but I didn't brag when I was running those times.
This is the type of post that drives me nuts.

You are saying it takes less skill and effort. I'm asking you if you've done it personally? Otherwise how do you know how much skill/effort it takes to put down 1500whp without track prep at a 60mph start?

Once again. It not being your thing, fine. You thinking its lame, fine. You hating rich people, fine. You hating religion, fine. Dont give a crap about any of that.

But when I see people with no experience in a certain type of racing, talk about how easy that type of racing is. It drives me nuts, you literally have no clue what you are talking about. It really is that simple. More internet experts with no experience.