View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #78
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I guess I haven't really seen to block failures, just when people throw a rod, melt or shatter a piston. I completely agree with it eventually being on borrowed time, but I guess it seems you are exaggerating (from my view point) that time period to be rather quick, when in fact people have been running those high horsepower (500-600) applications for years now. VMP with their Boss, for example. 7xx whp and it's been through multiple track days in Texas and Florida heat.

I know the only true aftermarket option out there for a "high" power motor is MMR's Promod block, of which some people are still skeptical of their stuff sometimes. But it's been filled, sleeved, and decked completely, so I'd hope it holds. lol
I'm not exaggerating. I guess in your world, if you don't see it, it doesn't happen? I've seen several failures, but then again I'm around a lot of cars making real power and you're not.

Your viewpoint comes from a slow stock car, you don't race, never had a fast car and take everything you read online as facts. Before you do your usual kneejerk sensitive reaction, that's not a dig at you, just the facts. Get out and do some racing, you will see the failures happening. Most people only post the positives online to brag, but the failures rarely make it because of all the bashing that takes place. Failures happen, it's part of racing. Not a big deal.

Again, just because a car "can" make 600-700rw, doesn't mean it's going to last. Any Coyote out there making 550rw+, especially in power adder applications, are on borrowed time. Hell, that's normal tactic of some companies out there - turn it up for one Hail Mary dyno pull, make a number, inflate and tell everyone some stupid outrageous claim. "1000hp on stock motor!!" LOL, I'm sure it did...but not very many times and/or very long. hahaha.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote