View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #126
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
I'm always a skeptic of any make/model. I take anything I read from the magazines with a grain of salt knowing they are merely paid advertisers in disguise. I always wait to see when they get in the hands of owners to see how a new car will perform.

As for people being excited, I have NO issue with that at all. It's when it's taken to another level and people start bench racing a car before they even see one in person I find abit absurd. Throwing around terms like "world class" and beating on cars that cost three times as much before the cars even hit a track is silly.
But the magazines have not tested the car yet. They don't have access to the car to test it lol. The claims made so far are directly from Ford and I am pretty sure they would be aware of just how much power the engine makes, what shocks, springs, etc etc that they put on the car. When the Z/28 came out, did you doubt that it had an LS7 or magnetic suspension? No. That's all I am saying, with the information Ford has provided and based on the existing platform, everything looks to be a winner as far as track capabilities.

What about the existing stats make you seem skeptical? 500+hp? Magnetic shocks? Stiffer springs? IIRC larger antiroll bars? Tremec 6 speed? More aggressive tires? So far none of those things seem bad.

Of course we don't know what will happen but, so far the car looks promising. What's to argue about that?

Bench racing, sure I agree that's somewhat silly but, my statement against the Z/28 is simply based on the existing information. I don't see that assumption really looking to absurd but, to each their own.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote