View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 12:33 AM   #36
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
There are so many hidden variables with fuelly from what I can see. For starters, there is no distinguishment between the EB and the 3.7L N/A v6 on the filters. Next, there is no distinguishment between 4wd, 2wd, what kind of work the truck is being used for, driving style, or if the truck is lifted on 37's. Unless the user happens to have a crappy pic of their truck. All I can tell you is that I can hop in my dad's truck, get on the interstate and have absolutely no problem getting 20+ mpg all day long.
The pool of data doesn't distinguish all that true. But it is safe to say that ford didn't sell too many 3.7l v6 F150s in 2013, an overwhelming majority will be the EB judging on the profile photos. To have a loaded test where only 2wd or 4wd is what I don't want. I want to see the average from all over America because that is how getting averages work. Don't want data from trucks in a vacuum.

I think forums are the worst place to get the truth, particularly with domestic brand forums. Most people are brand loyal (which I am not) & won't admit when they have a vehicle that gets beat by someone else. All I know is I won't buy an EB based on what I believe are poor results in terms of fuel economy. Towing performance, yes I think it produces the best numbers. However, I still have my doubts on longevity of those engines vs a tradition NA V8.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote