View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #63
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
So a brand new car, what needs to be done to it? I think it's nice and shiny but I want shinier lol

I figured it needs to be clayed bared to get whatever is on it from the dealership off. Took it through an auto wash in frisco last weekend and the water seems to bead up nicely so far.

re-rx7- Do you travel or would I have to come to you? Obviously I would be getting this done when i'm in the area visiting the gf
I'd be more then happy to help you out! Water beading is a good indication of a gd coat of wax still on the car. HOwever, most cars are "abused" while on the lot. Quick rinses and dries scratch the surface, bird poop ect. Id have to see it to give any idea of what you could do or if you wanted me to do it. Clay bar is always a gd idea before a gd wax and polish especially with Winter approaching. I travel sometimes and as always I can do it at my apt complex garage. The mustang you see I did had severe oxidation and man it was a handful. With silver for depth I'd go with a gd Caranuba vs sealant (sealant) for depth.

How many miles on car? Where do you park it?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote