View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 10:21 AM   #16
Dominic Toretto

Haven't had the Mustang towed but, I do have a funny story on the subject.

About three years ago, a new hire training class began at my job for one of the Collections departments. One of the new hires apparently had a loan that was delinquent on the vehicle she was using to get to work (Ugly ass white Caprice or Crown Victoria with a big pink stripe down the center and ~24inch pic wheels). One day while she was in the training class her lien holder's contract towing company came to pic up the vehicle. He backed into the vehicle, applied the wench and as he went to get back in his truck, he realized that his door was locked so he could not get back in the truck.

Her class lets out and she is panicking of course. She argues with the tow guy, and someone feeds her the same "they can't tow it if you're in it" line and she gets in the car. She also asks a friend of hers to get in it also in case she needs to leave the car so someone can be in the car. I am watching the whole event go down from my seat and the longer it plays out, the funnier it becomes. Anyway, the security at the job can't interfere apparently. No police were ever called. I left work about 20 minutes late so I could try to see what would happen. She was still in the car after I left so I left for home. I asked some people working the late shift what happened and they said that the owner or someone from the tow company came out with a spare key and documentation from the lien holder showing valid cause to take the vehicle, and the police(when they eventually showed up) allowed the tow to leave with the vehicle.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote