View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
aalbrand

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
First things first, don't worry about haters. No one here is helping you pay for your car, much less sponsor your mods . I personally like those rims (or that style anyway) but, the only reason I didn't get them is because they are a bit too common as far as aftermarket wheels are concerned. You will hardly see a Mustang with those wheels though, in your daily commute. Hell, about 95% of the Mustangs you may see will be stock. The most place you will see modded cars of any type will be online or at car meets.

I'd say go for the charcoal. To me, the all black wheel thing is getting played out very fast especially with stock cars coming that way from the factory now. As DirtyD stated, go with some Ford P Springs. Should something go wrong, you may be able to argue about warranty since they are a genuine Ford product. I got them for that reason and that I also wanted a 1inch drop. Tire sizing can be a little tricky as some manufacturers measurements are different than others. Sort of like buying shoes. I have seen a few cars with as wide as 315s on the back, lowered. Not sure what mods they had if they had to do anything to accommodate that. Millimeters to inches is 25.4/1. So for a 9.5inch wheel I would not recommend going any wider than a 275, but that is me. I have 10inch wide rears and bought 285s for those. I plan on getting either 255s or 265s for my front 9inch wide wheels.

-Alex
Thanks Alex, this is great info. I think I will go for the 275's for tires. I am going to continue to browse around for Rims. Also, thanks for the info on the springs, that is really good to know! When all this goes down, I will start posting some pics
aalbrand is offline   Reply With Quote