Thread: Tipping
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 10:49 PM   #39
JDMLOL

If the service is good, I start at about double the sales tax on the receipt. If the restaurant is a place I frequent or has great service, I will tip 20+ percent. If my water glass stays full the majority of the time, the restaurant probably has great service as I drink anywhere from 4-8 glasses of water with my meal. If the service is crap I will tip 10 or less percent. The only places I don't generally tip at are at buffets or places that literally call your name for an order. I really don't understand why those types of establishments have a tip line on their receipts if one basically has to serve themselves. If service is crap the worst thing anyone could do is a tip a penny. Waiters/Waitresses expect people to be cheapskates or forget to tip, but a penny is the least amount one can tip and is the best way to say "Your service sucked!"

Asia is another place that is also not accustomed to tipping. I visited China last summer and was surprised to learn that tipping is not required anywhere. My girlfriend, who is from China, told me that if tips are left on tables by foreigners that waiters/waitresses will literally chase the person down and tell them that they left their belongings on the table. I also had another friend, from China, tell me that tipping can also be taken offensively and that waiters/waitresses may take the gesture as if the person paying for the meal wants something in return (which could be taken in a variety of different contexts). So if any of you happen to wait tables and wonder why some asian people do not tip well or they do not tip at all, this is probably why.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS

Last edited by JDMLOL; 02-10-2014 at 10:51 PM.
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote