Thread: Mt-82 issues
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #11
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by PCB View Post
Has nothing to do with sweet talking anyone. My argument isn't over the service. He made a comment on how disappointing it is they are a vendor on this forum, in someway tying Jeff to the service department.

Why didn't he contact Jeff to see if he could help oversee his repairs, or maybe let him know his displeasing experience. I am willing to bet Jeff (seeing the OP is from the forum) would have tried to make things much better. I don't care why my car goes into Grapevine Ford, if it is there, I make sure Jeff knows about it, and I make sure the Service Manager knows I have informed Jeff. IF he did all this a Jeff was no help what so ever, then yes, by all means bash him and the dealer. Instead they thought they fixed the car, he took possession, and now the whine is back and OP is upset.
You are correct, Jeff has nothing to do with the service department, he is in New Car Sales. So why contact someone that has nothing to do with the actual issue? That's like contacting the dealership about your Wendy's receipt. If this issue was concerning a sale, then yeah it would make sense to ask for Jeff's help but, trying to get Jeff out of his element just seems like asking him to do something he isn't familiar with. And if Jeff can't come through then OP would be bashing Jeff directly and unfairly. If Jeff can help you with service then that's great but, it shouldn't have to come to dragging him from making money in sales to go oversee a service department issue. If you were familiar with the receptionist, would you ask her to stop taking calls, to go watch over your car? Just because they all receive their checks from the same employer doesn't mean everyone there is multifaceted.

A dealership isn't operated like Walmart, where basically anyone can do almost everyone's job. I personally don't think it's fair to Jeff to ask him to go watch out for your car. That takes time from his job and his commissions. I've had my run-in with Jeff previously but, I'm all about being fair and this is not fair to Jeff. Hopefully you aren't taking this as a personal attack because it isn't.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote