View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #32
downtime!

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Downtime,

Most of us between 25 and 35 dreamed of Supras, EVOs, and R34s. I honestly had no interest in muscle cars until this current generation because imports always handled better. But they were untainanble for me and automakers have since A. Stopped making them or B. they now cost over $100k because the muscle cars have caught up. What was it like driving the R34?
First off, I guess I better clarify somewhat, what I had was an R32. I don't think the R34's even came out until around '99, and I was long since home by then. Sorry for the confusion. Mine was all stock as well, as there really wasn't a "tuner" market yet at that time. So, AWD and a blistering (IIRC) 300 hp, it wasn't exactly slow, but after having a steady diet of American muscle for years up to that point, it felt a bit anemic. The handling, on the other hand, was something that up to then, I had never experienced. I had a Corvette or two by then, but this chassis was light years ahead of anything we had over here. I wouldn't mind getting another now really, but the gray market thing has made them damn near impossible to get now. Maybe an importer through Canada?