View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 03:19 AM   #39
Dubnium

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
The coldair intake mod is a highly debatable topic, so let's just say "to each their own" on this. Some people will say it's better than stock, some will say it's not. Without a tune though, an intake isn't really worth much. And for me, living in Texas with an open air filter under the engine, isn't exactly doing anything for IATs.

The big power pick up from an off-road (catless) midpipe is from deleting the cats. The actual design of the pipe more or less helps to add to the exhaust note and help exhaust flow rather than anything else.

Headers will help a little on these car. LTs will pick up a good bit of low end TQ, but you much see a huge jump in HP like some of the older 3V cars did. If you are trying to squeeze out as much bolt-on power as you can, they are a good addition. Otherwise, they typically aren't worth the pricetag over other mods.

Check the tag in the interior of your driver door. I don't know the exact codes that denote each gear option, but most likely the car has 3.31s.

At what RPM are you doing 70 MPH? If you are at or above 2000 RPM at 70 MPH, you have 3.55s or 3.73s. If you are below, you have 3.31s.
Thanks for the information! I was in 6th today going at 70 mph, rpm was just right above 2,000...i'd say 2,100- 2,2000.
Dubnium is offline   Reply With Quote