View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #35
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
That's your opinion. I even somewhat agree with you, but that doesn't change the fact it does, and always will still happen.

Going to the track can be fun if a whole group goes together to compete against eachother, but that rarely happens. But going to the track just to chase magical ET numbers that at the end of the day means nothing is booooooooring. Tracks are far away, usually horrible tracks conditions, long waits to maybe get in two or three passes and have to pay for all that really turns a lot of people off on going to the track.
The most fun I ever had at the track was racing a heads up class race for money. I got second because I got treed but I had the quicker car. I was one of the only actual street cars in my class vs a bunch of auto computer delayed bracket cars... I was rowing gears in my full weight street car against a bunch of dudes that live at the track in their shells of cars with one seat and a steering wheel on slicks. was a fun ass day, but street nights are pretty damn lame.