View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #42
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
I love the big talk by all the people saying everything under 1k hp is slow... And yet most everyone on here has less than half that. Want slow? Drive my Colorado, that is slow, my wifes edge that is slow. But I'm sorry anything with 400hp is fast. Is it the fastest, by no means it is but when you are faster than 90% of cars on the road then you are fast. The shit yall talk about and claim are the only fast cars are considered retarded fast. So quit with the high and mighty nothing is fast bull
There is nothing high and mighty about saying that, I don't know how you are coming to that conclusion. Yes, compared to the general public driving Prius's and Camry's, yes the Mustang is fast. But when referring to the hobby and being competitive to other makes and models that go to meets and events, Mustangs are not typically among the faster group of cars.

Fast is relative to what you are used to. If someone has never had a 500rw car, or been in a 700rw+ car, then yeah, it's fast for them. But it doesn't mean 700rw+ is competitive in the local scene, because it's not, not even close.

I know of a certain 780rw Cobra that was recruited to be a camera car for a couple of "C teamers" to film the race. The Cobra was up ahead by 7 or 8 car lengths, he took off on the hit ahead of them and got passed before he knew it and got a football field put on him.

Now normally, a 780rw Cobra would be fast as fuck for most people, but among the "fast" crowd it's not even quick enough to be a camera car. This was a few years ago and now street cars have gotten even faster. No one even blinks anymore when they hear 1000rw+.

Hell, Clint had his TT Cobra that made like 1043rw and that was years ago already and the races were tight then. Now, 1000rw makes you only a C teamer at best. To be on the "mountain" or the "A team" you're talking 1500rw+.

Now if you're just looking to have a fun street car with no expectations of going out to be competitive, then 600-700rw is plenty for a street car to have fun with.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote