Thread: Boss H-Pipe
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #6
NAVAG

I installed the Pype Bombs this morning. Ran up and down the highway. They aren't as bad as I thought they might be. I think my old Fox was louder. They are a little deeper than stock at idle. WOT is "HOLY SHEET". But drone at 2K RPM

Side pipes not as loud but I still hear the gurgle when down shifting; which I love. Absolutely ZERO rasp. Just a noticeable drone - Adjusted radio volume to compensate for drone. I don't mind it but I know my wife might say something when she is riding with me. I'll make it up to her by buying some get-dirty mods for her Jeep.

I think that ditching the side pipes might actually make the back ones louder. I'll take the blanks that came with the Boss H-Pipe to work and drill them out to 5/8" and try them, maybe 3/4". I'll keep it on for now just because it's a pain n the ass to replace.

I love the way they look. They fill in the gap nicely and stick out a little more. If I get to where I feel like they are too loud I'll take my stock mufflers to work with me, cut the tips off and weld the Pype Bomb tips onto the stock mufflers.
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote