View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #6
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by TwoQuack View Post
That's a great track! I had a blast doing the 3.1 on my 1st HPDE event with my car. I learned a great deal and what you wrote sounds very familiar. I watched your vids and my adrenaline got pumping and an itch to get back out there!

How about joining me at the next www.thedriversedge.net event? Sign up is this Monday for the Houston MSR on Jun 21-22.

A guy next to me in the parking area recommended riding along with my instructor in his car during one of the instructor runs. I did and it was enlightening. Afterward the same neighbor said, "if you really want to learn, offer your instructor to drive YOUR car on his run." I did and boy did I get a new appreciation for what my car can do. Since then I was comfortable when it slid, leaned and did other things you don't feel on the street. Instantly, on my next run I was 50% better with my car and my skills. I was so glad I did that.

Great narrative and thanks for sharing.
No can do, Houston. I'll be just getting back from my Mom's 90th birthday / family reunion in MO. Besides, I'm pacing myself on track days and I've already committed to two autocross events in June. I'll probably flip the mix in 2015, more track than autocross. Next track for me is ECR May 24.

Agreed on the ridealongs. At my 1st event, I rode in my instructor's new C7 'vette. Wow what a rockeship! I haven't given up the keys on track, but did at an autocross. Very humbling and Jeremy taught me a lot about my car in just a couple of minutes. I later found out about some of Jeremy's history at Pikes Peak:
http://youtu.be/bwdC1Yi3OG8

Had I known this, I might not have let him drive my car. LOL.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote