Thread: 2015 z06
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 06:03 PM   #49
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Agreed 100%. Not to mention the Veyron cannot be driven full tilt very often. It will melt the tires due to it's aero and heavy weight, the clutches and turbos need to be replaced very often if it's not driven around like a grandma car.

As for a UGR TT Gallardo being a "hawked up" car, that is hilarious. If you have any clue what you are looking at and get a chance to get a close look at those full builds UGR does, they are modern works of art. They will out perform a Veyron in every manner and that's without a dozen oil coolers and intercoolers like the Veyron has. The Veyron is so inefficient as a mechanical thing it's ridiculous. Sure, it's a cool handmade car, but it's not the end all be all of big MPH cars. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
Oh I agree 100% man. I was just saying you are comparing the UGR cars to a stock car, it SHOULD out perform any stock super car.

Funny too you mention the comment about melting the tires. I saw the Top Gear episode where they test the veyron top speed and the engineer mentioned something like the tires won't last anything longer than like 30 mins before they are shredded due to the down-force and speed of the car. Kinda crazy.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph