Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
I think a lot of what we also hear as far as problems with a near stock car comes from forum opinion which is generally garbage. My car is near stock and has 26k miles on it. Runs like a champ, had zero problem with both the engine and tranny (Knocks on wood)

I agree with the perspective thing. But the folks out at Coit are also in their own league of fast. You want slow i'll let you drive my wife's Altima
Danny's (46tbird) car was completely stock with a stock tune and ate a motor. It has and still does happen regardless if you believe it or not.

My car runs great too and hasn't given me any problems. But that doesn't mean I'm not apprehensive about heavily modifying it because the motor is "iffy". Almost anyone who modifies one of these cars knows they are taking a chance and most likely will have to build a motor as some point. As car guys, that is just the chances we take. It's part of the hobby.

As for the DR/Coit group whatever you want to call it, that is Texas racing scene for you. There are so many 1000rw+ cars running around Texas it's absurd. The Coit meet just happens to be where all the fast cars have gathered for years because I have known all those guys for a long time, some of them since the mid 90's.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote