Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:35 PM   #1
downtime!

The CAI will be worth, at the most, 7-8hp, the gains come mainly from the tune. The long tubes were worth 15 on mine, and I regretted deleting the cats almost instantly. Since my car was brand new when we started, I had a two year inspection sticker, but after that ran out, it was a major PITA to get the car inspected. Even after replacing the cats, the car was nowhere near passing, so in the end, I did what I usually do in these situations, threw cash at it. The factory headers and cats are amazingly efficient, as is the factory air box. Bone stock, with just a tune from VMP, I ran 12 flats at 116. Mid 11's are obtainable through nothing more than a tune and suspension work, and looking back, I wish I would never had the long tubes installed.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:04 AM   #2
DirtyD

You had issues getting inspected? I guess I will find out in July if I can pass inspection on mine or not.

Gearheads dyno I think reads really low compared to other dynos in the area.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:14 AM   #3
Soulowd

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
You had issues getting inspected? I guess I will find out in July if I can pass inspection on mine or not.

Gearheads dyno I think reads really low compared to other dynos in the area.
Maybe this is why they are only charging 40$ for dyno lol oh well I'll find out when I take it true street for dyno tune

1993 Cobra Black
Bbk shorty's, x-pipe, Flowmasters, bbk TB, bbk Cai,
UD pullies
(240rwhp/280rwtq)
Soulowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #4
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
The CAI will be worth, at the most, 7-8hp, the gains come mainly from the tune. The long tubes were worth 15 on mine, and I regretted deleting the cats almost instantly. Since my car was brand new when we started, I had a two year inspection sticker, but after that ran out, it was a major PITA to get the car inspected. Even after replacing the cats, the car was nowhere near passing, so in the end, I did what I usually do in these situations, threw cash at it. The factory headers and cats are amazingly efficient, as is the factory air box. Bone stock, with just a tune from VMP, I ran 12 flats at 116. Mid 11's are obtainable through nothing more than a tune and suspension work, and looking back, I wish I would never had the long tubes installed.
Great post as Ive really been considering HF H instead of a O/R H. Was the smell bad or was it just the fact of noise or Inspection?
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote