Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:36 PM   #1
White_lightning

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
No.

Those Supras are also using turbos the size of 2year olds.

-Alex
why the fuck would you want the hassles for 20 rwhp lol? if i switch to e85 that bitch better pick up 200 rwhp at LEAST!
Old 01-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #2
DirtyD

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
why the fuck would you want the hassles for 20 rwhp lol? if i switch to e85 that bitch better pick up 200 rwhp at LEAST!
In boosted applications, you can pick up 50+ whp sometimes, depending on the tune and what power levels you are at. In stock naturally aspirated form, just not that much more powerful. Still worth it for a car that's not a daily driver.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:08 PM   #3
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
Easy there hauss lol. I would NOT personally tune for E85 on an NA car, it's not worth it... to me. For those looking to set records for NA applications, it may very well be worth the hassle. Just not something I would do. As Derek stated, with boosted cars the gains are far greater.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #4
DirtyD

It's worth it to me on an N/A car where I won't have to worry about heat issues with the #8 cylinder. It also allows for a slightly larger nitrous shot than on pump gas, if that's your thing.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote