Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

you guys did the header install and tune
Lol I'm still putting screens with faces.

Yeah if a sensor swap didn't eliminate the problem, but made a positive change (though it was short lived), I'd think the connector or wiring could be faulting the O2. Though I know you mentioned you checked the connector for water.
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
Courtesy Flush

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
Lol I'm still putting screens with faces.

Yeah if a sensor swap didn't eliminate the problem, but made a positive change (though it was short lived), I'd think the connector or wiring could be faulting the O2. Though I know you mentioned you checked the connector for water.
Its all good,

UPDATE:
removed o2 extension as i suspected it was the problem, unclipped off the top of the transmission and pulled some slack down. Due to clearances it took me almost an hour to get the damn thing re-connected. Still got the code.

Im now suspecting a fault within the harness somewhere, but i don't have a volt meter.

I get readings on bank 2 but nothing off bank 1, ive covered all diagnostic checks other than checking voltage within the harness or connector as i don't have a volt meter.

Sick of messing with it and there's no way the dealer is gonna touch it this way.
Tim let me know how you guys can help
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote