The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
brtnstrns

Default Might as well try my luck: job searching

Seems like people are getting good responses here so I figure I will try my hand as well. I'm generally an entry-level aerospace engineer (graduated in May 2011 from The University of Texas at Austin). I've been working at Zodiac Seats US (previously Weber Aircraft) in Gainesville. Well, I didn't exactly study aerospace engineering to build or design fancy furniture so I'm trying to move on to something more aerospace related. I've got a couple of connections at Bell Helicopter I've been trying to work with for the past 6-8 months but its pretty slow moving.

I'm definitely a hands-on kind of engineer, but have an equal interest in design as well (spend most of my day modifying drawings in ProE). I'm definitely flexible and am able to learn software and processes fairly quickly. I really don't want to end up typecasted into airplane interiors since I've wanted to be an aerospace engineer since I was a toddler for the purpose of in one way or another being involved in the design of aircraft or their components. I definitely need to stay in the DFW area since my fiance is also an engineer at a wind energy company in central Dallas.

If anyone has any connections at aerospace companies, I'll gladly take any advice given to me. I'm really ready to move on to a more challenging engineering experience and feel that I've got some good experiences under my belt involving both manufacturing and design.

Sorry to add another redundant thread, but I figure it's worth a shot! Thanks guys!

03 DSG Mach 1

Stroked/Forged, Heads, Cams, Long Runner Intake, Built Cobra IRS, Cobra Fuel System
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote