Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:25 AM   #1
Zeek

Default Let me try your shifter!

So AM has their SR short throw shifter on sale. Personally i dont have a problem shifting but ive never used a short throw shifter before. Im not sure id like it and want to test one out. So who wants to let me drive their car for 5 mins er so?
Zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
OG Fox
Supporting Member

what year car do you have? and if its 11-14, the mgw is def. worth the price.
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
GTOphil

I had the mgw-p in my GTO...loved it.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'll let you sit in my car and try the MGW shifter, but you aren't driving my car anywhere. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I'll let you sit in my car and try the MGW shifter, but you aren't driving my car anywhere. lol.
PRICK.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
downtime!

LOL! I was thinking the same thing as Steve. You're more than welcome to row through the gears sitting in the parking lot, but drive? My car? I don't think so.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
PRICK.
Lol. You're lucky im on my phone right now or id show you how much a prick I can be.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
Zeek

I don't want to drive someone's supercharged car. Just go around the block or something. But if its all that big of a deal never mind then.
Zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #9
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

I'd let you try mine if I had it.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
LOL! I was thinking the same thing as Steve. You're more than welcome to row through the gears sitting in the parking lot, but drive? My car? I don't think so.
Exactly
Old 06-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #11
downtime!

I sooner let you fuck my wife than drive my car. But I'm divorced so that really wouldn't matter anyway.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #12
JDMLOL

Default Re: Let me try your shifter!

I sooner let you fuck my wife than drive my car. But I'm divorced so that really wouldn't matter anyway.
Lololololol!

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #13
Selcouth

Subtle I want to beat on other people's cars thread.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #14
Grandpa
I> /\/\

LMMFAO!!

Originally Posted by Selcouth View Post
Subtle I want to beat on other people's cars thread.
More than likely. I once let a friend drive one of my cars. It was a sweet, slammed 89 LX hatch on chrome ponies. H/C/I and a 150 shot. The car was just beautiful and sounded amazing. I let my buddy Brad drive it because he was always a Camaro guy and had never driven a fox before. He told me he would take it easy that just wanted to see what it felt like. Mind you, this was one of my really good friends. He was a calm, responsible dude who I had never known to get a ticket let alone wreck.

The ride started out fine. He was grinning ear to ear just hearing it driving through the neighborhood. We pulled up to a stop sign and the car had warmed up and really started camming at that point and he started giggling like a schoolgirl. He gave is a lil gas and took off and he was like "oh shit!". He continued to row through the gears hauling ass and the street came to a "T" end, he locked up the brakes and the car slid all the way through the stop sign to the other side of the street slamming into the curb....right where the drainage ditch was....BAM. He probably hit it around 50mph. The damage was so bad the K member on the right side was pushed to the firewall and buckled the LEFT side of the ROOF. Car was totaled and even worse a friendship ruined forever.

That was 15 years ago. Since then I had several cars, including my 93 Cobra I had for seven years and no one drove the car but me, not even my wife. I've had my 12 GT for over a year now and the wife has only driven it onceand Toby drove it around the block after putting in the shifter.

When I go to sell the 12 GT here soon, no one will drive it then either unless they bring a check with them just like every car I've sold.

In short, can you drive my car? Fuck no and I won't drive yours either. With exception of Will who throws me the keys to every car he owns. lol. I drove the V and didn't leave the parking lot or get into boost even though he told me to go have fun with it. I don't reem on my own car, I certainly won't do it to someone else's car.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #15
Luke

And Steve, although I didn't have mine end up in a wreck I know what you're saying. I let my step-bro drive my supercharged LX because his car broke down and I needed my truck. I told him to take it easy, it wasn't anything amazing but it was mine. Needless to say he brings it back, no damage or anything but a few days later he describes how he and another guy went racing and how he pretty much beat the shit out of the car the entire to east Dallas and back. I let very few people drive my car now.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote