Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
m_tyler_r

Default I've been thinking...

so, just to get it out there, because I know everyone will give me shit, my parents bought me a 2012 V6 Premium for graduation. Love the car, no complaints. I tried for a 5.0 but they weren't buying it. I just recently talked it over with them? and if I can either 1) save enough money for a trade in on a 5.0 or 2) and engine swap... btw I have a lot of money in this car, not so much to the engine though. that's the only reason I'm considering a swap. just wanted to get the more experienced guys opinion on this. so what do you guys think? trade or swap?
Old 04-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
03MachMe

Originally Posted by m_tyler_r View Post
so, just to get it out there, because I know everyone will give me shit, my parents bought me a 2012 V6 Premium for graduation. Love the car, no complaints. I tried for a 5.0 but they weren't buying it. I just recently talked it over with them? and if I can either 1) save enough money for a trade in on a 5.0 or 2) and engine swap... btw I have a lot of money in this car, not so much to the engine though. that's the only reason I'm considering a swap. just wanted to get the more experienced guys opinion on this. so what do you guys think? trade or swap?
I say trade, with a swap it will never run like a factory car. what do you mean by lots of money? all exterior stuff? do you still have the stock stuff? if not, trade someone for their stock stuff plus some cash so you can make some of that money back to either help you get into a 5.0 or help put some new parts on the 5.0.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
m_tyler_r

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
I say trade, with a swap it will never run like a factory car. what do you mean by lots of money? all exterior stuff? do you still have the stock stuff? if not, trade someone for their stock stuff plus some cash so you can make some of that money back to either help you get into a 5.0 or help put some new parts on the 5.0.
thanks for the advice, and yeah the front for messed up so it now had a GT/CS front end, I installed an alpine 8" navigation system in it, gt500 spoiler, 20" Vossens, just exterior. I don't have my stock wheels anymore. I figured doing a swap would bring extra issues too
Old 04-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
Luke

Definitely trade, don't know what a used v6 is worth but I'm sure you can find a good deal on a used 5.0. It's not worth the hassle.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
46Tbird

Trade. A new or used 5.0 Mustang is relatively cheap, but a new or used 5.0 engine is not. Then factor in all the time and all the parts that would need to be swapped out (computer, wiring, trans/clutch, rear end, exhaust, and a million other things). And finally, realize that the value of this hybrid 5.0 is going to be less than the stock V6 car and I think you have your answer.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
m_tyler_r

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Trade. A new or used 5.0 Mustang is relatively cheap, but a new or used 5.0 engine is not. Then factor in all the time and all the parts that would need to be swapped out (computer, wiring, trans/clutch, rear end, exhaust, and a million other things). And finally, realize that the value of this hybrid 5.0 is going to be less than the stock V6 car and I think you have your answer.
I just thin I need to go see how much a dealer would offer for mine and what kind of deal I could get on a premium.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
re-rx7
Banned

Get rid of the 20's.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Insurance fraud. Get check. Buy. 5.0

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #9
m_tyler_r

I'm starting to quickly see a turbo would just be best lol
Old 04-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #10
Dan12GT

Trade for sure

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #11
re-rx7
Banned

Why not just supercharge it? The cars aren't exactly slow. A few mods shud get you low 13's.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #12
m_tyler_r

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Why not just supercharge it? The cars aren't exactly slow. A few mods shud get you low 13's.
turbo could push more right?
Old 04-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #13
JDBishopArts

I'm going to be that guy and say don't do anything. Keep the v6 for a while. Save up some money. In 3-5 years you'll be able to buy something really cool with the money you saved. Your parents bought you a car. That's pretty cool. Keeping it and making some smart money choices now will make them feel appreciated for buying it for you.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #14
m_tyler_r

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
I'm going to be that guy and say don't do anything. Keep the v6 for a while. Save up some money. In 3-5 years you'll be able to buy something really cool with the money you saved. Your parents bought you a car. That's pretty cool. Keeping it and making some smart money choices now will make them feel appreciated for buying it for you.
appreciate the input. that's definitely a choice that I'm considering. I'm only a freshman in college now and when I graduate I'd like to buy a V8, I just got really impatient when I rode in a 5.0 yesterday lol
Old 04-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #15
DirtyD

I say keep it. If you want a little more speed, maybe go with a centri s/c with a small amount of boost to have some fun.

Or save up, wait until the next gen Stang, preferably the 2016 year model so they can work out the kinks from the new chassis, and reap the benefits or waiting.

You can whip some Sentra ass then!
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote