Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #46
DirtyD

Default CAI Throwdown

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Both of my numbers were STD. From my understand HPP and TS are pretty similar on how their dynos are dialed in
Very weird in the fact you gained that much TQ and not an "ounce" of HP, since HP is a function of TQ. Any change in TQ should result in an influx of HP unless the distance or time over wishing the work is done is changed.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #47
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Kosovobandit View Post
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...no-procal.html

Link to my number on Airraid vs stock box in STD.
Thanks for the link! A perfect addition!
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #48
Dan12GT

Default CAI Throwdown

You also have to consider the weather conditions. I very well may have gained HP. It was a cold day on the stock dyno so much denser air. The 2nd dyno I had was significantly warmer outside so that very well might account for the HP number to "stay the same" when in fact it probably went up. I think my stock numbers might look a bit embellished due to the cool air. There are soooo many factors that affect dyno numbers it's almost impossible to get a 100% accurate reading. The only real way to do true testing is with the same dyno, the same weather conditions, the same car, and the only changing factor be the intake. Even then not every car will respond the same.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #49
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

You also have to consider the weather conditions. I very well may have gained HP. It was a cold day on the stock dyno so much denser air. The 2nd dyno I had was significantly warmer outside so that very well might account for the HP number to "stay the same" when in fact it probably went up. I think my stock numbers might look a bit embellished due to the cool air. There are soooo many factors that affect dyno numbers it's almost impossible to get a 100% accurate reading. The only real way to do true testing is with the same dyno, the same weather conditions, the same car, and the only changing factor be the intake. Even then not every car will respond the same.
to add more fuel to the fire, I have seen weather in the morning 50* and after install and lunch (the fat kids got to eat) 72*. Same day comparison can also be a little off as well

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #50
Kosovobandit

That is why with the test I did it was the same day, temp, car, dyno, and the time took about an hour. There was also no fan on the car at the time and the door was closed to the dyno area.
Kosovobandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #51
DirtyD

Default CAI Throwdown

This is true, and also why I don't put much trust in STD numbers, because they tend to not be as comparable when it comes to different atmospheric conditions during different dyno sessions. SAE is better for comparison purposes when it comes to trying to "disregard" weather changes.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #52
Luke

Track numbers > dyno numbers!
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #53
Kosovobandit

Track result are just as subjective as dyno results. Things like: Temp, track prep, tire, driver, shift points, ect all come into play.
Kosovobandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #54
Justin@VMP

Our auto 5.0 car ran faster at the track with a stock airbox, cold dense air makes for harder hit out of the hole. However my 5.0l tvs kits all come with JLT intakes...more flow more power.
Justin@VMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #55
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Justin@VMP View Post
Our auto 5.0 car ran faster at the track with a stock airbox, cold dense air makes for harder hit out of the hole. However my 5.0l tvs kits all come with JLT intakes...more flow more power.
^If this guy doesn't know, no one does!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #56
DirtyD

Default CAI Throwdown

Originally Posted by Justin@VMP View Post
Whoa, when did you get here, Justin? Nice to see you around.