Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:34 PM   #31
BlackStang08

HPP is where I go. Manny is the best Mustang tuner around.
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:59 PM   #32
62nalide

Originally Posted by BlackStang08 View Post
HPP is where I go. Manny is the best Mustang tuner around.
Lol you might wanna look at the graph I posted
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:05 AM   #33
downtime!

My '12, with CAI, off road X, and BBK long tubes, tuned by Travis, made 435 and 410.

After the HPP fiasco, he was able to smooth the tune out, make the car completely driveable again (it ran so bad, I parked it and bought an '05 GT to drive daily), and still got me over 600 rwhp. With that tune, and 100 shot, the car ran 10.1x's even with my old, no shiftin' ass behind the wheel.

Gearheads has done right by me more times than I can count, going all the way back to my Procharged '03. They take a lot of shit around here, but in the end, results count.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:17 AM   #34
BlackStang08

Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Lol you might wanna look at the graph I posted
That graph doesn't say much. Unless we know air/fuel, temp, timing, fuel type, etc. We also can't see the mods the car had when the dyno graph was made. You could have more mods, torco, and timing in the last run.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:38 AM   #35
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Nevermind, I had to stop myself. I'm glad your happy with Gearheads.

Last edited by blownaltered; 09-10-2014 at 12:55 AM.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:40 AM   #36
62nalide

That graph doesn't say much. Unless we know air/fuel, temp, timing, fuel type, etc. We also can't see the mods the car had when the dyno graph was made. You could have more mods, torco, and timing in the last run.
The baseline was done with LT, CAI, off road x-pipe, injectors and E85. Car ran like shit and being at the shop for 2 months for that poor ass tune. Swapped tuners and fixed the mistake that was done by "HPP"...

Last edited by 62nalide; 09-10-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #37
downtime!

Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
The baseline was done with LT, CAI, off road x-pipe, injectors and E85. Car ran like shit and being at the shop for 2 months for that poor ass tune. Swapped tuners and fixed the mistake that was done by "HPP"...
Both of those numbers were on E85? My 435/410 was on 93 pump gas. Are you sure you're happy with those results? Travis is notorious for tuning conservatively, but looks like he left a lot on the table there.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:02 AM   #38
62nalide

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
Both of those numbers were on E85? My 435/410 was on 93 pump gas. Are you sure you're happy with those results? Travis is notorious for tuning conservatively, but looks like he left a lot on the table there.
Honestly I'm not happy but wanna see what it runs and traps. Yes both were E85. The baseline is a 2month waited tune by HPP. Most likely if my buddy isn't happy it will be up for sale.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #39
BlackStang08

Did you have bigger plans for your car? Surpised you went with injectors and E85 with "mild" mods.

Sucks he got a crappy tune. When my car was up there for mods and tune, the morning car was a 5.0 with E85 and HUGE twin screw. When I went to HPP they were scheduling one tune in the morning and one for the afternoon.

When you say 2 month wait, do you mean he had to wait two months for a tune? I don't doubt that. I called up to make an appt and they were booked a month and a half out. So I pretty muched waited almost 2 months. The good thing is that they didn't have my car for two months and I was able to drop it off in the morning and have it back in the evening.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #40
rlhay2

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I know at one point lonestar was a good shop. They did all my work a decade ago.
When I used them they were remote tuning with John Lund. I dropped off a 640 rwhp car and picked up a built motor 615 rwhp car. Took it to Archie King who delivered me a great running ~690 rwhp car and I was happy...until I wanted more.

Originally Posted by blownaltered
I can tell you all shops have had there ups and downs.

I know guys that leave one shop because they have gone through motors and it doesn't run right. Then they will go to different shop and at the same time that shop has a car going to the shop they left for the same reason. I actually find it entertaining most days.
Quoted for truth! Most things are usually cyclical. But I believe in sharing. But not just sharing what I think should have happened but sharing all the relevant details. Even the embarrassing ones that usually begin "I was a naive consumer and..."
Old 09-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #41
62nalide

Did you have bigger plans for your car? Surpised you went with injectors and E85 with "mild" mods.

Sucks he got a crappy tune. When my car was up there for mods and tune, the morning car was a 5.0 with E85 and HUGE twin screw. When I went to HPP they were scheduling one tune in the morning and one for the afternoon.

When you say 2 month wait, do you mean he had to wait two months for a tune? I don't doubt that. I called up to make an appt and they were booked a month and a half out. So I pretty muched waited almost 2 months. The good thing is that they didn't have my car for two months and I was able to drop it off in the morning and have it back in the evening.
It all depends how the car runs this weekend to determine what power adder is going to be used. Yes the car was sitting at the shop for 2 months just to get a tune done. The same has badass builds and people say good things but IDK if it's just because we didn't bust out with $30k build.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #42
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Nevermind, I had to stop myself. I'm glad your happy with Gearheads.
Good call. Not worth the BS.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #43
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I think my car is prime example, just sayin.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #44
downtime!

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I think my car is prime example, just sayin.
I agree with you 100%
Old 09-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #45
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Good call. Not worth the BS.
You have no idea what I've been hearing about lately. The guy that bought my old car, went back to them against my advise. He is now looking for a new shop, to fix it. I will tell you in person why.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote