Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #1
wbt

Default Intake manifolds and myths.....

No need for this info to exist any longer.

Last edited by wbt; 11-26-2013 at 08:17 PM.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:44 AM   #2
Midnight11
El Presidente

Awesome info. Def will make it a sticky

Looking forward to your findings on the cj intake

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
Luke

Good write up, thanks for taking the time to do it. Its always good to hear from people who have actually USED the parts rather than read about them.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
Dan12GT

Informative for sure. I very much agree that the Boss Intake Manifold requires more supporting mods to see it really shine.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
faztcobra

Nice writeup.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
Yagermeister

As faztcobra said...nice writeup! Having raced the stock intake and boss intake with 4.10s and 3.31s with 28" tires and a 6R80 with and without converters, I have to concur with wbt on all points and are looking forward to the CJ results! I have been telling everyone here the exact same points for months :-)

Last edited by Yagermeister; 08-29-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Yagermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #7
wbt

Here is a prime example of someone who installed a Boss intake and ran worse at the track because they didn't have the needed supporting mods.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...finally-3.html

Maybe someone can offer to buy it off of him for a discount.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
5HIFT3D

Looks like I will be going with the CJ. If I am going to spend them money anyways why not get the best. It is a bummer about the lack of torque gain but I like thelaunch as it is anyways.
5HIFT3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
Misanthrope

New here on this forum, but not new to the forum scene. As i am coming from owning an 11 second catfish Camaro. And I recently bought a 2012 5.0 300a a6. I would like to get this car into the 10's to compete with you guys with a stock long block as i have seen that there has only been 4 to do so, but have noticed only two still exist. I have noticed that the setup you're using works well kudos to that, but there is a black car that is similar to yours in the northeast that has proved faster times with a stock intake and 4.10's? What's the explanation (if there is one) on why his went faster if the setup you are using is the best out there.........just trying to get good answers without having to do a lot of research on my end and having others provide information and not trying to make this uncomfortable for anyone. But as seeing what you have done keep on keeping on and I hope to see you at the fun ford event in Dallas as it would be a pleasure to meet someone with so much knowledge as yourself.
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by 5HIFT3D View Post
Looks like I will be going with the CJ. If I am going to spend them money anyways why not get the best. It is a bummer about the lack of torque gain but I like thelaunch as it is anyways.
the best part doesn't mean the fastest time. It's how they wrk together.

Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
New here on this forum, but not new to the forum scene. As i am coming from owning an 11 second catfish Camaro. And I recently bought a 2012 5.0 300a a6. I would like to get this car into the 10's to compete with you guys with a stock long block as i have seen that there has only been 4 to do so, but have noticed only two still exist. I have noticed that the setup you're using works well kudos to that, but there is a black car that is similar to yours in the northeast that has proved faster times with a stock intake and 4.10's? What's the explanation (if there is one) on why his went faster if the setup you are using is the best out there.........just trying to get good answers without having to do a lot of research on my end and having others provide information and not trying to make this uncomfortable for anyone. But as seeing what you have done keep on keeping on and I hope to see you at the fun ford event in Dallas as it would be a pleasure to meet someone with so much knowledge as yourself.
Pretty gd first post. Be sure to introduce yourself.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #11
Misanthrope

What we wanna know? Saw this thread as the first sticky under performance and thought this would be a good starting point here
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #12
wbt

Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
I have noticed that the setup you're using works well kudos to that, but there is a black car that is similar to yours in the northeast that has proved faster times with a stock intake and 4.10's? What's the explanation (if there is one) on why his went faster if the setup you are using is the best out there.........just trying to get good answers without having to do a lot of research on my end and having others provide information and not trying to make this uncomfortable for anyone.
That is pretty easy to explain....the owner of that car dropped it off at JPC who did all the work including the driving. Cliff notes on the .09 difference in times:

1. They were running in 2,800' better DA with very low water grains.
2. Private track rental so they could prep as they wanted.
3. Questionable amount of weight that was pulled out of that car. JPC ran .1 quicker 60' times than anyone else has run in these cars using similar setups. Mid 1.4's vs. mid 1.5's.

That car ran 10's the one time. It hasn't run 10's since. In fact, when the owner got it back, running in similar air conditions that we run in, it runs 11.6's. JPC took that car to NMRA MIR using the CJ intake and couldn't get it in the 10's there. Something doesn't add up.

On our side, we have run 10's in every season at every major track in Texas.

We have proven the combo we are using works under varying conditions. Not just one time under phenomenal conditions. Hope that helps answer your question.

But as seeing what you have done keep on keeping on and I hope to see you at the fun ford event in Dallas as it would be a pleasure to meet someone with so much knowledge as yourself.
I believe FFW is this weekend at Ennis. Not going to be there. May be back in October depending on schedule.

Last edited by wbt; 09-07-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #13
Shaun13GTCS

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Here is a prime example of someone who installed a Boss intake and ran worse at the track because they didn't have the needed supporting mods.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...finally-3.html

Maybe someone can offer to buy it off of him for a discount.
LMAO! Keep talking bud. I told people I would post up exact before/after results switching to the boss intake. No changes in the most similar DA I could. I ran .05 slower with alittle worse 60' (track prep wasn't great) trapped alittle higher, even considering I couldn't shift 2nd higher then 7000rpm.

Also, DA was 1300' last time compared to 1600' this time. Gears would absolutely help, and I actually thought with the 3.31's I might run slower.

But don't talk shit, you dont actually mention what i was out to do, but just say "oh he ran slower" "im just throwing him under the bus because he mentioned casper/jpc is faster then me, and ill cry about it everytime" Nor is my car a dedicated track car like yours. Mine is much more of a DD/track car.

Last edited by Shaun13GTCS; 09-08-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Shaun13GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:22 AM   #14
wbt

Originally Posted by Shaun13GTCS View Post
LMAO! Keep talking bud. I told people I would post up exact before/after results switching to the boss intake. No changes in the most similar DA I could. I ran .05 slower with alittle worse 60' (track prep wasn't great) trapped alittle higher, even considering I couldn't shift 2nd higher then 7000rpm.

Also, DA was 1300' last time compared to 1600' this time. Gears would absolutely help, and I actually thought with the 3.31's I might run slower.

But don't talk shit, you dont actually mention what i was out to do, but just say "oh he ran slower" "im just throwing him under the bus because he mentioned casper/jpc is faster then me, and ill cry about it everytime" Nor is my car a dedicated track car like yours. Mine is much more of a DD/track car.
Lol! Nice troll post. I believe you and your mole have been had. Hopefully the mods will clean your garbage out.

...and yes, you, like many others before, proved my exact point running the Boss intake. You failed to see improvement because you didn't have the mods to support the part. This has nothing to do with you trolling kdanner or I on YouTube trying to post snide remarks on our content.

So how much are going to ask for the intake? I thought this was in your plan to run 10's but you are just a daily driver/track car right?
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ound-mods.html

Keep running in circles....it's amusing.

Last edited by wbt; 09-08-2013 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #15
re-rx7
Banned

I think it humerous all of the work needed to get one part to preform decently.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote