Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #18
Darkhelmet22

The logic about timing numbers seems a bit odd to me. The knock sensors are on with the bama tune so if they see knock they will cut timing until it stops. This is standard on all cars. As there Is no set "safe" timing number. You could have a target of 25 degrees timing but if you get bad fuel this number becomes "unsafe" If the fuel is good enough like e85 you can increase timing allot because the fuel has a very high octane. So if we see 29 degrees of timing and the knock sensors are not pulling timing how is this not ok? The fuel seems to handle that much timing or the knock sensors would pick it up. If the knock sensors do see knock they pull timing. So if they pull timing and the timing is still at 29 degrees that means they pulled timing until it stopped. So how is this senario not ok? Running quality 93 with knock sensors just seems a bit far fetched that a current tune ruined your engine. This is all assuming your AF ratio is correct. Where the cyl 8 problems with melting the piston or cracking it? I've heard both. Also from my understating some tuners including bama were turning off knock sensors in their early tunes. Which would explain cyl 8 failures from pre detention.

Hypermotive Tune | Pypes Longtubes and O/R X | Corsa Sports | H&R Race Springs | Eibach panhard bar | BMR LCAs | BMR relo brackets | Koni yellows | Eibach sway bars | Ground Control CC plates | MGW shifter | SVE Drifts |

Last edited by Darkhelmet22; 01-12-2014 at 09:25 PM.
Darkhelmet22 is offline   Reply With Quote