Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #46
White_lightning

Some one say C team?

who was foof video taping racing?
Old 07-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #47
03MachMe

Not available on mobile and I'm in San Antonio so no computer. Let me guess a bunch of 1k hp cars roll racing? See above post

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #48
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Ok and most of these "fast" cars are good for one thing. Roll racing. Most are not even set up to do anything more than 60-150 the fastest which to me is retarded. I guess most of the people have not seen what happens when cars crash going that fast on a public road and it's the cop in me coming out but it is just plain stupid. There is a professional league for drag, road course, hell even cars that drive sideways but not one for the cars that are only fast from a roll. You ever wonder why that is? If your car is making 1k hp but you run 11s at the track because you can't get traction till 100+mph then there is no point but to be the fastest speeder on the hwy. If you like going fast in a straight line cool, but be fast from all speeds not just a roll race. Like it was said it's all opinion I guess it just sounds like your trying to sound like your better than everyone because nothing is fast unless you make more hp than is 99.9% of all cars on the road.
First, I don't see how you are saying I'm better than anyone, I'm not. I didn't say that. I said my car was slow, that is MY opinion. I've been exposed to a lot of these fast cars and driving/riding in several of them. I like all kinds of racing, not just drag racing or turns, going fast in a high powered roll car is a BLAST and like nothing you've ever experienced, I can promise you that.

There are many roll racing events now and more catching on like wildfire every year. Like the Texas Mile, or Texas Invitational, or long canyon type racing like the Silver State Classic...all LEGAL events.

As far as useless at the track -not true at all. Will's Supra will pull over 230mph and runs well into the 8's and he's still rowing gears. Put an auto in it and its easy 7's all day.

Back in the day, maybe the 11's @ 140mph might have been somewhat true, but that's not the case anymore with tech and parts available.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #49
STROKD
Old School

I love the big talk by all the people saying everything under 1k hp is slow... And yet most everyone on here has less than half that. Want slow? Drive my Colorado, that is slow, my wifes edge that is slow. But I'm sorry anything with 400hp is fast. Is it the fastest, by no means it is but when you are faster than 90% of cars on the road then you are fast. The shit yall talk about and claim are the only fast cars are considered retarded fast. So quit with the high and mighty nothing is fast bull
u are used to driving a police car... 400 hp in a near 4000 lb weight is slow man.

Its what you get used to.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #50
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
u are used to driving a police car... 400 hp in a near 4000 lb weight is slow man.

Its what you get used to.
But at least he has the cool lights and shit where he can run all the lights!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #51
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
Some one say C team?

I think it was Kelly and Alex... Foof was making 500 something then, how do I know, cause we ran the same night and I held him off in my Cobra cause he had Jared in his car slowing him down... if he was making 700 anything back then he would have disappeared.

Steve has a good point though, everything else he posted was truth except C teamers making 1000 rw... C is more like 500-800ish. depending on weight of car.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #52
03MachMe

You are both missing the point. You comment on every thread that unless it has some retarded amount of power it is slow. That makes you sound cocky. I know my patrol car is slow in a straight line but the majority of us can drive better on the street with traffic and turns because we are trained to do so, that's why you see cars with a lot more power having a hard time avoiding the police unless it's a bike or on a long stretch of hwy. I agree it's what your used to but to tell every one else their car is not fast because it only makes 600hp is retarded

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #53
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
But at least he has the cool lights and shit where he can run all the lights!
hell yea!

My Vette felt slow to me, and it was as fast as my hatch on it's best day to 145-150ish...
Old 07-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #54
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Some one say C team?

That night it was Kelly and CammedC6 if I recalling correctly. It was Kelly and a blown Vette for sure.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #55
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
I think it was Kelly and Alex... Foof was making 500 something then, how do I know, cause we ran the same night and I held him off in my Cobra cause he had Jared in his car slowing him down... if he was making 700 anything back then he would have disappeared.

Steve has a good point though, everything else he posted was truth except C teamers making 1000 rw... C is more like 500-800ish. depending on weight of car.
Different night. That was funny though, I thought he was going to push Jared out the window. lol.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #56
Grandpa
I> /\/\

You are both missing the point. You comment on every thread that unless it has some retarded amount of power it is slow. That makes you sound cocky. I know my patrol car is slow in a straight line but the majority of us can drive better on the street with traffic and turns because we are trained to do so, that's why you see cars with a lot more power having a hard time avoiding the police unless it's a bike or on a long stretch of hwy. I agree it's what your used to but to tell every one else their car is not fast because it only makes 600hp is retarded
Ok, well it's just a difference in opinion. I don't see how that makes me cocky, but okay. I don't get why some are so sensitive to this subject. My car is slow, I'm not hurt by it. It is what is. Even with boost making 600rw, you will never hear me say the car is fast, because it wont be compared to what else is out there to competitive with. That's just being realistic, not cocky. I don't see how I can be cocky on the losing side of the equation. Now, if I had a 1000rw car and came in here telling everyone they were slow, that would be completely different and very cocky.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #57
White_lightning

Ok and most of these "fast" cars are good for one thing. Roll racing. Most are not even set up to do anything more than 60-150 the fastest which to me is retarded. I guess most of the people have not seen what happens when cars crash going that fast on a public road and it's the cop in me coming out but it is just plain stupid. There is a professional league for drag, road course, hell even cars that drive sideways but not one for the cars that are only fast from a roll. You ever wonder why that is? If your car is making 1k hp but you run 11s at the track because you can't get traction till 100+mph then there is no point but to be the fastest speeder on the hwy. If you like going fast in a straight line cool, but be fast from all speeds not just a roll race. Like it was said it's all opinion I guess it just sounds like your trying to sound like your better than everyone because nothing is fast unless you make more hp than is 99.9% of all cars on the road.
I think Fast is relative.. IMO compared to 99% of the populace running around in 150 hp civics.. a 400 hp mustang is a monster..

but when you are in a group where 1000 hp barely makes the cut it's slow..

Ultimatly.. 200 hp.. or 1000 hp.. As long as you are happy with your car does it really matter what anyone else thinks?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #58
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I think Fast is relative.. IMO compared to 99% of the populace running around in 150 hp civics.. a 400 hp mustang is a monster..

but when you are in a group where 1000 hp barely makes the cut it's slow..

Ultimatly.. 200 hp.. or 1000 hp.. As long as you are happy with your car does it really matter what anyone else thinks?
Exactly!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #59
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
That night it was Kelly and CammedC6 if I recalling correctly. It was Kelly and a blown Vette for sure.
cammed c6 never had a blower to my knowledge... and im not even sure he was fast 4 years ago...
Old 07-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #60
White_lightning

My Father in Law is a retired Beaumont police officer who was an instructor at the Houston Persuit driving school..
The patrol cars are setup to stay close to people in traffic and around bussy streets. That being said the average idiot running from the cops is in a 98 civic or 95 caprice, so it's a lot easier to keep up..

IMO a 1000 hp Car would not be able to evade in a situation where heavy traffic was involved or doing stupid shit through a neighbor hood. it doesn't matter how much HP you have if you cant go anywhere..

that being said.. I don't think anyone here Evades police..