Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Member's Rides

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #166
Shiftybusiness

The plane black doesn't look right, and a troll face would be stupid looking. Check out billet badges they have some ideas and they can do a custom one if you have an idea.
Shiftybusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #167
Crimson600+HP

I have some custom badges from Billet Badges. They are awesome people and will work to get your order exactly the way you want them. Given that piece of knowlege, they are very pricey as these badges are the highest quality you can buy.

If I were you, given how often you change your idea on what direction you are going with this car, I would get the blank disk prepped properly (primered, sanded, painted, wet sanded, cleared, etc.) to get it as smooth as possible first. This shouldn't cost too much. Once that disk in the faux cap looks as close to a factory paint job, get some different vinyl decals made that way all you have to do is put them on and peel them off when you get the itch to get something different. Vinyls can last up to 7 years if you find one that you like also and they won't damage the car.

Just my $0.02.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #168
garner

The blank disk basically is professionally done now. I've been working on it since the last pics. Laid down some glazing putty, then sanded it down using thin balsawood as a block that could still follow the contour, and reprimered it.

But yeah I'm really leaning towards a decal, at least for now. Fall may bring a rtr panel if I can't get the faux cap to my liking. I suck at commitment lol
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:03 AM   #169
garner

Well car is 99% back to stock. Just gotta take it to an exhaust shop in the morning so they can fix the exhaust leaks and tighten some bolts.

Never again will I do a h pipe swap.

Last edited by garner; 05-28-2014 at 04:18 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:25 AM   #170
garner

Finally got the faux gas cap situation done with an acrylic disc. Lots of work on the 13-14 but at only $18 for the disc I'm happy with it.

Basically you have to remove the black factory disc(I cut around the gt with a Dremel and pried it off with a flathead screwdriver), then you can pop off the remaining faux gas cap piece by pushing in 4 tabs(used mini screw drivers) and prying it with a regular flathead screwdriver. Finally you have to sand the gt letters down completely smooth, peel the backing off the tape on the disc, stick in on, then pop the whole assembly back onto the car

Last edited by garner; 07-22-2014 at 05:37 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #171
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by garner View Post
Finally got the faux gas cap situation done with an acrylic disc. Lots of work on the 13-14 but at only $18 for the disc I'm happy with it.

Basically you have to remove the black factory disc(I cut around the gt with a Dremel and pried it off with a flathead screwdriver), then you can pop off the remaining faux gas cap piece by pushing in 4 tabs(used mini screw drivers) and prying it with a regular flathead screwdriver. Finally you have to sand the gt letters down completely smooth, peel the backing off the tape on the disc, stick in on, then pop the whole assembly back onto the car

Pics of the process and finished product?

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:17 PM   #172
garner

Few pics I have from yesterday

The tape provided is only horizontal so it doesn't grip very good due to the curvature of the faux gas cap area. I have it off right now redoing my paint work on the trim ring, and then I'm gonna pick up some better adhesive

Completely removed the gt area to hopefully lessen the curvature

Tape provided(black is from paint)

Last edited by garner; 07-22-2014 at 12:34 PM.