Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
Adam

Default Flat spot. 3k-5k rpm

I was driving to work this morning and decided to downshift from 4th to 3rd and do a quick wot run to put a smile on my face. Well unfortunately it did not.
When I shifted to 3rd and went wot it felt like it had no power then boom it took off. Almost felt like a window switch kicking nitrous on if that makes sense. Car is a stock 2013 gt manual trans car. Anyone else experience a similar issue? The searches all blame tcs or say get a tune. But I'd prefer not to tune it just yet. And the advancetrac was completely off.
2013- PW GT, MF street AB, AED tune, jlt cai,Lethal o/r x-pipe, gt500 spoiler, Barton bracket, koni yellows, ground control camber plates,steeda sport springs, whiteline PHB, whiteline sway bars,whiteline brackets, whiteline UCA & LCA, DSS driveshaft.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
Zeek

Proly just shuttered a second as you popped the clutch and mashed the throttle. Try to reproduce it and if you can make dealer fix it. If you can't don't worry about it.
Zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
thehead

Could be a slight delay in the fly-by-wire design. If you don't drive the car hard normally then the adaptation of your driving style will be reflected in that. If you baby the car every where then that is what the ECM expects. When it sees something out of normal it will take longer for it to process, making sure that is what it really is seeing electronically.

2013 DIB PREMIUM GT
1966 NOVA WAGON LS SWAP AND AIRBAGS "under construction"
2006 BLACK TRAILBLAZER SS
1965 COUPE "life time project"
thehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
Adam

I'll just keep driving it and see if can replicate the issue and have it checked out when I take it in for the oil change in 700 miles.
2013- PW GT, MF street AB, AED tune, jlt cai,Lethal o/r x-pipe, gt500 spoiler, Barton bracket, koni yellows, ground control camber plates,steeda sport springs, whiteline PHB, whiteline sway bars,whiteline brackets, whiteline UCA & LCA, DSS driveshaft.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
DirtyD

If your TC and AdvancTrac weren't turned off, then that is what was bogging it down.

What speed for were you doing when you punched it in 3rd?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
JDBishopArts

Could be advancetrac. You could have also been in the weird stage of the Ti-VCT. Which is basically a more sophisticated VTEC. Between the very small delay in the throttle by wire and the oil pressure coming up to advance the cams could have caused a dead spot.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #7
Adam

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
If your TC and AdvancTrac weren't turned off, then that is what was bogging it down.

What speed for were you doing when you punched it in 3rd?
55-60mph? Somewhere around weeeee and yee haw on the tach lol
Old 03-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
moor3r

Are you sure it wasn't wheel spin? I have experience wheel spin when dropping to 3rd around that speed depending on the road surface.
moor3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Adam View Post
55-60mph? Somewhere around weeeee and yee haw on the tach lol
At those speeds, you more than likely started spinning your tires, so TC kicked in and bogged down you they would hook back up. In my car, if I punched it in 3rd around 40-45, I'll break them loose (3.55s)
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #10
Adam

Hell it very easily could've been. Oh well. I'll try it again and see what happens!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
OG Fox
Supporting Member

give it up to traction control!!!!
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote