Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Other Makes and Models

Other Makes and Models Section for people who don't have 5.0s but still have badass cars. DFW 5.0s Welcomes everyone

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #16
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
and Gary bought his used 2012 Boss LS for $40,000.... not sure what your point is? I'm still not sure what you are trying to argue here. We all agree that the z/28 is a fast car but once again it is 25k more expensive than a Boss was brand new so I would expect it to be faster.
My point is that both cars are in the same category. Your arguments that they are not are because A) no AC or radio and B) price. As stated, I don't see that being valid when you can get a Z/28 with both AC and a radio to make the car as comfortable as a Boss 302 and people have paid upwards of $50k for the Boss 302. So that makes both cars equal performers in price and comfort.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #17
saunupe1911

listen...it took GM 3 yrs to play ball with with the Boss and the GT500 was king off the muscle cars for 4 yrs. Bottom line, this generation is over. Better cars are less than 3 yrs away and the Z/28 cant even be bought until March 2014!!!!!!! I take my hats off to GM for even building the car but its purely for bragging rights since the cars isnt SCCA or Grand AM compatible. Also this car is Not in the same category as the Boss due to the lack of sound deadening and thin glass. This car is closer to a Boss S than LS. Last, GM thinks this car is an engineering marvel. Its nothing but a street legal Camaro GS.R which has been around for yrs! check the specs!
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #18
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
listen...it took GM 3 yrs to play ball with with the Boss and the GT500 was king off the muscle cars for 4 yrs. Bottom line, this generation is over. Better cars are less than 3 yrs away and the Z/28 cant even be bought until March 2014!!!!!!! I take my hats off to GM for even building the car but its purely for bragging rights since the cars isnt SCCA or Grand AM compatible. Also this car is Not in the same category as the Boss due to the lack of sound deadening and thin glass. This car is closer to a Boss S than LS. Last, GM thinks this car is an engineering marvel. Its nothing but a street legal Camaro GS.R which has been around for yrs! check the specs!
I respected your post up until this
Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Also this car is Not in the same category as the Boss due to the lack of sound deadening and thin glass.
Okay, so we've gone from "it's not in the same class because no AC or radio" when you can buy a Z/28 with both, to now it's not in the same class because of thin glass or sound deadening? Are you serious? No one in the Corvette community or any other forum I've been on has ever made this many excuses. C5Zs had thinner glass for windshields when comparing them to Porsche turbos, Ferrari 360s etc. No one in those forums complains about pricing either. If the car performs, it performs.

What's the next excuse? Oh, GM uses a different paint code, so it's not in the same category? Disregard all of the blatant similarities and the fact that both cars are built for the track, if the car doesn't give you a BJ then it's not in the same category.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 10-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #19
03MachMe

how does price not make them in different categories? Some have paid as much as $50k for a boss and that is still $20k less than a z28, huge price difference. So I guess we should start comparing the z28 to cars like the 2010 ACR Viper which is a lot faster than the z28 and you can get one for around $80k. While we are at it heck lets compare the mustang with a Ferrari and talk about why the Ferrari is better. Price absolutely makes a difference and when a price difference is $25k on the sticker prices then yea I say different class.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #20
Stangmaster281

I'm getting deja' vu from this thread.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #21
re-rx7
Banned

Ive always considered Porsche the best drivers car. That being said the Z28 is impressive but at the sametime I have to wonder if Ford can do that much with a LRA (boss, LS) what are they gna do with a IRS? It should be impressive to say the least. The fact the Z28 is being compared to a car with a LRA is pretty funny.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #22
Dominic Toretto

how does price not make them in different categories? Some have paid as much as $50k for a boss and that is still $20k less than a z28, huge price difference.
Post a link showing a window sticker of a Z/28 please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc-T--DI0qQ

Go to 8:55. He says it will go for "north of $56k", I don't assume that means $80,000.00. Where are you you seeing window stickers for $80k Z/28s?

So I guess we should start comparing the z28 to cars like the 2010 ACR Viper which is a lot faster than the z28 and you can get one for around $80k. While we are at it heck lets compare the mustang with a Ferrari and talk about why the Ferrari is better. Price absolutely makes a difference and when a price difference is $25k on the sticker prices then yea I say different class.
You know a Viper and a Camaro are different cars completely. A Viper is a two-seat sports car. Let's keep on track comparing pony cars to pony cars .

Listen to what the chief engineer says at 2:45.

I'll just go ahead and type it. "Up level stereo is not standard." Now I don't know what that means to you but, that to me, means that it does come with a stereo, just not the higher output one. So, toss the stereo argument out the door.

-Alex

Old 10-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #23
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Post a link showing a window sticker of a Z/28 please.

Go to 8:55. He says it will go for "north of $56k", I don't assume that means $80,000.00. Where are you you seeing window stickers for $80k Z/28s?

-Alex
Dealer mark up. You can count on that, maybe not 80 but i can see 65k to 70k.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #24
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Dealer mark up. You can count on that, maybe not 80 but i can see 65k to 70k.
Oh I am certain there will be dealer markup. But is it fair to say that because some Boss 302s were selling for $60k, that all of them are $60k cars due to dealer markup?

-Alex

Old 10-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #25
Dominic Toretto

Ive always considered Porsche the best drivers car. That being said the Z28 is impressive but at the sametime I have to wonder if Ford can do that much with a LRA (boss, LS) what are they gna do with a IRS? It should be impressive to say the least. The fact the Z28 is being compared to a car with a LRA is pretty funny.
Ford has done some magic with the LRA even on the non LS cars. Also it is funny that GMs pony car will be slaughtering many higher end cars on a track that the Germans own.

-Alex

Old 10-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #26
re-rx7
Banned

Oh I am certain there will be dealer markup. But is it fair to say that because some Boss 302s were selling for $60k, that all of them are $60k cars due to dealer markup?

-Alex
Id pretty much say that. They only built 2k. Unless you know where you could find one new for less?

Ford has done some magic with the LRA even on the non LS cars. Also it is funny that GMs pony car will be slaughtering many higher end cars on a track that the Germans own.

-Alex
Gm is not my fav company. Not because of the cars but its because they owe the Tax payers a shit ton of money. They keep building these niche cars they need to be selling volume. There new truck is behind the Fseries still and its brand new!
Old 10-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #27
Dominic Toretto

Id pretty much say that. They only built 2k. Unless you know where you could find one new for less?
Dealer markup doesn't represent the price of the car. The MSRP is the actual vehicle price. Factoring dealer markup as the car's price is just like including the cost of an extended warranty or GAP.

Gm is not my fav company.
We all knew that. And that is perfectly fine. I don't have a favorite manufacturer, there are just cars that I do and don't like across the board. Some are built by Ford, some from GM, some from Toyota.

-Alex

Old 10-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #28
re-rx7
Banned

Dealer markup doesn't represent the price of the car. The MSRP is the actual vehicle price. Factoring dealer markup as the car's price is just like including the cost of an extended warranty or GAP.

We all knew that. And that is perfectly fine. I don't have a favorite manufacturer, there are just cars that I do and don't like across the board. Some are built by Ford, some from GM, some from Toyota.

-Alex
I stated the reason I dont. They build some fast cars but thats my only gripe. As far as the sticker goes for dealer markup you cant remove it like gap or a warranty. They car will sell for that or it will sit because they jknow someone will pay that.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #29
Dominic Toretto

As far as the sticker goes for dealer markup you cant remove it like gap or a warranty. They car will sell for that or it will sit because they jknow someone will pay that.
The dealer will remove it when/if a car doesn't sell. For those that order cars, you don't go on the manufacturer's website and choose to add in a dealer markup. You choose the car, options, and bam, there's your price. You just go to the dealership and pick it up. But I do get your point about GAP and an extended warranty. So let's say, state taxes and registration. You can't avoid those, but those items don't represent the actual price of the car.

If you go to a dealership and ask "How much is this car?" they will refer you to the sticker and then say "but we are selling it for this amount.

Price($56,000) + markup($4,000) doesn't equal price. It just means you paid $60,000 for a $56,000 car. The price and what you pay for the car are not the same thing.

-Alex

Old 10-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #30
re-rx7
Banned

The dealer will remove it when/if a car doesn't sell. For those that order cars, you don't go on the manufacturer's website and choose to add in a dealer markup. You choose the car, options, and bam, there's your price. You just go to the dealership and pick it up. But I do get your point about GAP and an extended warranty. So let's say, state taxes and registration. You can't avoid those, but those items don't represent the actual price of the car.

If you go to a dealership and ask "How much is this car?" they will refer you to the sticker and then say "but we are selling it for this amount.

Price($56,000) + markup($4,000) doesn't equal price. It just means you paid $60,000 for a $56,000 car. The price and what you pay for the car are not the same thing.

-Alex
Im not saying it is. Im saying thats what your going to pay, unless you find a dealer that is willing to sell it to you at cost. Shelby's are going through the samething.

Last edited by re-rx7; 10-20-2013 at 04:57 PM.