Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > DFW 5.0 Mustang Club > Introduction

Introduction Are you new? Post a little about yourself here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
Fm58

Default New from North Ft. Worth

New here from north Ft. Worth. 2013 with Magnaflow comp exhaust. Have a SCT x4 and looking to do a ghost cam tune. Also plan on JLT cai and long tubes. Looking foward to reading and learning from everyone here on the forum.

Frank
Fm58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:24 PM   #2
BlackStang08

welcome. ghost cam?

600rwhp 550rwtq - 93 Octane Tune
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #3
Fm58

Well just thinking about the ghost cam at this time . I come from the old school where you install cams, rockers and springs.. The car has some tunes but when I bought it the tuner that was supposed to come with it (sct sf3) some how got lost or stolen. The place I bought it had no clue of what was done... Some did not know what the tuner that was supposed to come with it even did.. I'm not sure in which direction I need to go with this car but I am going to start with the JLT cai and long tubes. I guess from what I understand when you put a new tune into the car you must return it to stock first?? Is that correct? Which might be a problem now. Any and all help will be appreciated.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:00 AM   #4
BlackStang08

No, don't think you need to return tune to stock. My car had a tune in it from previous owner, and they were able to tune my car with my programmer. They were even able to see what tune was in it. Turned out to be a "canned" tune.

600rwhp 550rwtq - 93 Octane Tune
BlackStang08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:20 PM   #5
downtime!

Welcome in, I'm in Keller as well.

Not really a fan of the ghost cam tune, early versions had pretty serious issues with cylinder wall washdown.

I've been all the way and back with mine. Just a tune, then long tubes, x-pipe and custom tune. Followed that up with a KB 2.8 kit and when that didn't go fast enough, I threw a 100 shot on top of that. Got her deep into the 10.3x's with a broken transmission. Now she's back to near stock and doing daily driver chores again.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:04 PM   #6
Reaper

Welcome! I've had the ghost tune by Lund since I bought the car in 2013. Love it.
Recaros, JLT CAI, LP H-pipe, Corsa quad exhaust w/ GT500 valence, Lund tune, Eibach sportline springs, Koni yellows, BMR red panhard bar and LCAs, MGW shifter, RTR 19X9.5 wheels, Billet upper grill, Roush high flow lower grill, Cervini stalker spoiler, tint all around wrapped in matte black
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:13 PM   #7
Fm58

Thanks guys, Reaper do you keep the cam tune in all the time? Or just once in a while? I kinda like the stage 2 ghost cam tune that Mike does at MPT, but have heard good things about the Lund.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:41 AM   #8
Reaper

Originally Posted by Fm58 View Post
Thanks guys, Reaper do you keep the cam tune in all the time? Or just once in a while? I kinda like the stage 2 ghost cam tune that Mike does at MPT, but have heard good things about the Lund.
All the time. I got about 8,000 miles now. I haven't looked into anything else really. At the time I know you had to remove your cats and get a CAI. I don't know about now. Just making you aware of that.
Recaros, JLT CAI, LP H-pipe, Corsa quad exhaust w/ GT500 valence, Lund tune, Eibach sportline springs, Koni yellows, BMR red panhard bar and LCAs, MGW shifter, RTR 19X9.5 wheels, Billet upper grill, Roush high flow lower grill, Cervini stalker spoiler, tint all around wrapped in matte black
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:30 PM   #9
Fm58

Thanks that's good to know. I talked with MPT and they said yeah no cats. They seem to have some that I like, they range from stage 1 to stage 3.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:58 AM   #10
Dominic Toretto

Welcome!

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote