Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #16
Courtesy Flush

Online mutiplayer on PS3 is far to easy. Xbox live is for the pros. lol
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
03MachMe

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
After my second Xbox blew up I got the PS3. I like the free online and the graphics are better. No way I will ever buy an Xbox again
I still don't get why anyone would pay to play online. Plus the added ability to watch blue ray and better graphics. The choice was easy for me. Now I dont play very much but the PS3 is used often for Netflix and blue ray

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #18
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Online mutiplayer on PS3 is far to easy. Xbox live is for the pros. lol
PC is pro
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #19
Courtesy Flush

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
I still don't get why anyone would pay to play online. Plus the added ability to watch blue ray and better graphics. The choice was easy for me. Now I dont play very much but the PS3 is used often for Netflix and blue ray
For me Xbox offers a more variety of games and buying live isnt really too expensive. If you buy a 12 month membership its $60, thats $5 a month.

Think of it like this... TV is free, but often we find ourselves paying a premium for it via Netflix, Direct TV, UVerse, Fios etc etc all to just further enhance whats available to watch at any given time. Isnt netflix like $8-$10 a month? Plus your cable bill $70-100?
Old 12-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #20
Grandpa
I> /\/\

There is a few reasons actually. The Xbox servers are more secure from hacking, cheaters and not as much lag. The Xbox servers are also constantly updated with less downtime. Free servers, well you get what you get. Lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #21
Grandpa
I> /\/\

For me Xbox offers a more variety of games and buying live isnt really too expensive. If you buy a 12 month membership its $60, thats $5 a month.

Think of it like this... TV is free, but often we find ourselves paying a premium for it via Netflix, Direct TV, UVerse, Fios etc etc all to just further enhance whats available to watch at any given time. Isnt netflix like $8-$10 a month? Plus your cable bill $70-100?
Agreed.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #22
TrueStreetMotorSports.com
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old...........

no games anymore for me anymore

TrueStreetMotorSports.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #23
03MachMe

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
There is a few reasons actually. The Xbox servers are more secure from hacking, cheaters and not as much lag. The Xbox servers are also constantly updated with less downtime. Free servers, well you get what you get. Lol
Like I said I dont play very much but I have never experienced any lag, nothing to pay for online since its free so no worry about hacking and have never once got online to play and the server was down. Not saying xbox isnt good but never got why people were so fanboy over it. And don't say game selection the only game I can think of on xbox not on ps is halo. Now the only thing ill give xbox is the Kinect or w/e. That would be pretty cool but not worth giving up blue ray if you ask me

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #24
Courtesy Flush

Like I said I dont play very much but I have never experienced any lag, nothing to pay for online since its free so no worry about hacking and have never once got online to play and the server was down. Not saying xbox isnt good but never got why people were so fanboy over it. And don't say game selection the only game I can think of on xbox not on ps is halo. Now the only thing ill give xbox is the Kinect or w/e. That would be pretty cool but not worth giving up blue ray if you ask me
Playing COD via online multiplayer on PS3 was like using dial up for me. Id lag and get killed 5 times before returning to the game about every third match.
Halo is great and reason enough to get a xbox if you have followed the series IMO.
Not only halo but Gears of War, Fable, Fallout, Left 4 Dead etc. are not available on PS3. Those are are a few i can think of off the top of my head, but im sure theres more.
Achievements on xbox are fun and kind of keep you motivated in playing the game a little more. This helps add value into the re-play of games you've already purchased for example beating your best track time to getting that hidden object you missed before.

TLDR: im a nerd i like video games and cars.

EDIT: Tim made a good point above, xbox and ps3 both have good attributes that cancel each other out, but in the end they will always be an aging console you will eventually trade for something better. PC games are the future.

Last edited by Courtesy Flush; 12-27-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #25
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

They've been the future lol. Superior FX, speed, and most of all...content. Mods for about every game out there to keep it "fresh" & free2play games. PC's were multi-playing 60 vs 60 back in the late 90's on good ole' dial up. Of course this all comes at a cost of upgrading your hardware every so often. But it's as much a hobby as it is a gaming experience. Not to mention point-and-click accuracy for shooters etc.
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #26
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I think the xbox 720 that supposedly coming out soon. It supposed to play blu-ray and all that chit.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #27
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Playing COD via online multiplayer on PS3 was like using dial up for me. Id lag and get killed 5 times before returning to the game about every third match.
Halo is great and reason enough to get a xbox if you have followed the series IMO.
Not only halo but Gears of War, Fable, Fallout, Left 4 Dead etc. are not available on PS3. Those are are a few i can think of off the top of my head, but im sure theres more.
Achievements on xbox are fun and kind of keep you motivated in playing the game a little more. This helps add value into the re-play of games you've already purchased for example beating your best track time to getting that hidden object you missed before.

TLDR: im a nerd i like video games and cars.

EDIT: Tim made a good point above, xbox and ps3 both have good attributes that cancel each other out, but in the end they will always be an aging console you will eventually trade for something better. PC games are the future.
Fallout is on ps3, but the others are not. I'm not a halo fan, never enjoyed the games so that isn't an issue with me.

Last edited by blownaltered; 12-28-2012 at 10:08 PM.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #28
MnemonicGhost

PSN: ThiefMnemonic

Mods thus far: JLT Oil Separator - MMD Hood Struts
MnemonicGhost is offline   Reply With Quote