Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #16
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Lord bless them!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

They are reporting now at the school it's not a search for missing, but rather recovering bodies of the kids. Possibly as many as 30.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #18
blownaltered
I have a small penis

There is going to be at least 100 people killed in this storm. It's a damn shame. At least it happened during the day and not the middle of the night, it made the rescue effort start faster and be more effective
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #19
re-rx7
Banned

Had to find me a hiding hole as well.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #20
Luke

I've heard the number has risen to 91 confirmed and 230+ injured. Hope none of you guys have family in the area. Take care of yourselves if/when the storms head your way.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #21
Rydawg1

I found a quick way to help, even if it's just a little. If you text "REDCROSS" to "90999" it will send $10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief fund. I did, it's quick, easy and you know every little bit will help those families in need with food, water etc! C'mon we can all afford $10 bucks!

2013 SG 400A GT Premium w/Brembos, VMP TVS 2.3 stage 2, Fore return style fuel system, ID1000's, 20" Shelby CS70's, Eibach Pro System Suspension Kit, BMR K member, UCA, LCA, adj. Pan hard Bar, Shaftmaster Aluminum Driveshaft, McLeod RXT twin disc clutch, McLeod lightened steel flywheel, MBRP race exhaust with Lethal O/R H, JLT oil separator
Rydawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #22
re-rx7
Banned

I'm from ok. Friends lost some houses. Thankfully they had insurance. The tornado was just so sudden. It literally built in 30min.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #23
DirtyD

Not sure if any of you guys saw this video shot by Reed Timmer, the well known stormchaser, but watch about 20 seconds into the video. While driving the TIV, the tornado passes right on top of them. By far one of the scariest sounds I have ever heard....

On his Facebook page Sunday and again this morning, he said out of ALL tornados he has intercepted in his 15 years of chasing, the power and destruction of the two that hit Moore and Edmond, OK are unmatched by anything else he has experienced.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #24
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I don't know how anyone could ride in that truck with Reed Timmer longer than 5 minutes and not want to punch him square in the face. He is SO obnoxious.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #25
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I don't know how anyone could ride in that truck with Reed Timmer longer than 5 minutes and not want to punch him square in the face. He is SO obnoxious.
Yeah, he is a little over passionate about what he does, but we all are about something.

Either way, what he is doing with stormchasing and data gathering is helping in a way far beyond his own good.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #26
DirtyD

5PointSLow who is a member on here actually had his house descimated in the Moore tornado yesterday. Luckily his wife and daughter, who was in one of the schools, are safe and sound. He is currently on his way back from Bahrain. I can only imagine how he felt after hearing about what happened.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #27
Luke

I was just talking to some coworkers about how bad it would suck to be the parents and be completely helpless. Having a kid that age really puts things into perspective, I feel for all those who lost loved ones.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #28
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I was just talking to some coworkers about how bad it would suck to be the parents and be completely helpless. Having a kid that age really puts things into perspective, I feel for all those who lost loved ones.
I've got two little ones, 9 weeks old and a 4 year old. If anything happened to them like that I wouldn't be able to deal with it.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #29
Luke

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I've got two little ones, 9 weeks old and a 4 year old. If anything happened to them like that I wouldn't be able to deal with it.
I feel you on that one, a few years back my daughter had to have surgery behind her eye, that's some terrifying shit as a parent. I hope you and your little ones never have to go through anything like that.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #30
5PointSlow

Default Oklahoma just got hit HARD

Hey guys I'm in prosper now. Ill be dragging my ass outta bed here in a bit to shower and head up to the house. I'm going to be attempting to get the car outta tithe garage and load up what we can to take down here. I have the pics up on SVTP, but ill bring them over here and put them in the pics section for those that aren't members there. I'm extremely thankful my family is safe. I spoke to the adjuster yesterday on the phone an it sounds like they will be totaling the house and all of its contents. Guess I don't have to worry about selling the house now lol. Ill be able to sell the land once FEMA cleans it up as well.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote