Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #91
Midnight11
El Presidente

Originally Posted by poopypie218 View Post
why no one tell me that sat night was track night?!?! i wanna run the pretty much stock fox lol
It was posted pretty much everywhere

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #92
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by poopypie218 View Post
why no one tell me that sat night was track night?!?! i wanna run the pretty much stock fox lol
my fox is pretty much stock
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #93
Toby

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
It would have run better times with an auto.
Oh with out a doubt! Anyone that denies an auto is faster at the track is delusional. Jeff has a shifter, one piece ds, mcloud dual disc clutch with aluminum flywheel. Honestly the only mods to suspension he has done, is a set of springs, which arguably are hurting more then helping. He needs to address control arms, brackets, shocks and getting them dialed in before he tries to hit the track again. With the same tires he was running, him learning how to leave the line and those suspension mods will surprise everyone...
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #94
kdanner

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
You don't worry about my history. And I have a one piece DS and that's it as far as the driveline goes.
I can tell you from experience with wbt's manual car, when he finally put slicks on it instead of ET streets, it broke the driver side axle on the very first hit, the car didn't even move. So I'd be buying some axles if I were you. Do it up right, put 9" ends on the housing like mine, much nicer to deal with than c clip eliminators.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #95
Midnight11
El Presidente

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Oh with out a doubt! Anyone that denies an auto is faster at the track is delusional. Jeff has a shifter, one piece ds, mcloud dual disc clutch with aluminum flywheel. Honestly the only mods to suspension he has done, is a set of springs, which arguably are hurting more then helping. He needs to address control arms, brackets, shocks and getting them dialed in before he tries to hit the track again. With the same tires he was running, him learning how to leave the line and those suspension mods will surprise everyone...
He was on stock springs. Gary changed them Friday

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #96
Toby

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
He was on stock springs. Gary changed them Friday
Oh really? well shit he was bone stock suspension then... man this guy needs some suspension!!! haha
Old 08-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #97
Doug1227

I was on Sportlines and 19" MT's.....
Old 08-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #98
Toby

Originally Posted by Doug1227 View Post
I was on Sportlines and 19" MT's.....
With an auto car that does not instantly hit the tires with the drop of the clutch. Manual cars take a good driver, with a good setup to work right. Hince all the bolt on cars that nite running mid to bottom 12's at 116+ mph... That mph is good for mid 11's...
Old 08-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #99
J.Shoot

What everyone wants to drive is a personal choice. I personally wanted a Boss 302 and a stick is what you get. I like driving my car. I love the control of having a stick as well the potential headaches that can come with it. I have taken steps to make my car as safe and reliable as possible but let's face it, things break as long as you are pounding on your car. You make enough passes, or run enough times, something will break eventually.
We have nearly 50 launches on a track in this car and thankfully have not had any major problems. We have however, continued to make improvements and take safety measures as HP has increased.
Not taking sides, auto vs. manual, just making a point that it is all about preference and stick is what I enjoy driving.
Just ask the auto GTR and auto Trans Am that I politely schooled Saturday night.
If you have raced long enough, you know that there is always someone faster. That is why we do this...we keep going back for more HP. That is what keeps us going and keeps guys like TS in business
I know there are faster cars out there than mine, but I love what I have, and had a blast seeing what it would do on the 1/4 mile track. Each time I make a pass, I learn something else about my car. BTW, I only launch at 5K, not 6.
2013 Boss 302 #2602
D1 Procharger
So many mods I can't remember them all.
Built and Tuned by True Street

J.Shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #100
wbt

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Oh really? well shit he was bone stock suspension then... man this guy needs some suspension!!! haha
I am still running stock shocks, struts and OEM springs.

But yeah, he needs to beef his driveline up more before dropping the hammer at 6K on slicks.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #101
wbt

Originally Posted by J.Shoot View Post
What everyone wants to drive is a personal choice. I personally wanted a Boss 302 and a stick is what you get. I like driving my car. I love the control of having a stick as well the potential headaches that can come with it. I have taken steps to make my car as safe and reliable as possible but let's face it, things break as long as you are pounding on your car. You make enough passes, or run enough times, something will break eventually.
We have nearly 50 launches on a track in this car and thankfully have not had any major problems. We have however, continued to make improvements and take safety measures as HP has increased.
Not taking sides, auto vs. manual, just making a point that it is all about preference and stick is what I enjoy driving.
Just ask the auto GTR and auto Trans Am that I politely schooled Saturday night.
If you have raced long enough, you know that there is always someone faster. That is why we do this...we keep going back for more HP. That is what keeps us going and keeps guys like TS in business
I know there are faster cars out there than mine, but I love what I have, and had a blast seeing what it would do on the 1/4 mile track. Each time I make a pass, I learn something else about my car. BTW, I only launch at 5K, not 6.
That is what it's all about, enjoying what you like to do. I didn't get a chance to see your car run but heard good things about it.

On the manual trans stuff, I just hate to see stuff break when it doesn't have to. It is relatively expensive to get the driveline up to snuff but makes for a safer, more reliable car. It also gives you room to grow with power.

Most build their cars from front back vs. back to front and hopefully with some shared experience everyone can enjoy their cars how they were meant to be.

This clip shows my driver side axle breaking on launch using a full slick:
Old 08-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #102
DirtyD

Originally Posted by wbt View Post
That is what it's all about, enjoying what you like to do. I didn't get a chance to see your car run but heard good things about it.

On the manual trans stuff, I just hate to see stuff break when it doesn't have to. It is relatively expensive to get the driveline up to snuff but makes for a safer, more reliable car. It also gives you room to grow with power.

Most build their cars from front back vs. back to front and hopefully with some shared experience everyone can enjoy their cars how they were meant to be.

This clip shows my driver side axle breaking on launch using a full slick:
The ET streets are the DOT slick, right? I've always heard that manuals need to go with something other than DRs, because they are too stiff to take the drivetrain shock.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #103
Junkie

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
The ET streets are the DOT slick, right? I've always heard that manuals need to go with something other than DRs, because they are too stiff to take the drivetrain shock.
A slick when wrinkle and collapse a bit, it absorbs the shock and will help preserve driveline parts with an aggressive manual trans launch. In my experience anyway.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #104
wbt

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
A slick when wrinkle and collapse a bit, it absorbs the shock and will help preserve driveline parts with an aggressive manual trans launch. In my experience anyway.
This was the first time at the track with a full Hoosier bias ply slick slick on the car. 28x10x15. When I launched it hit the tires, they stuck, and the axle said, "I am getting a beer, this is BS.". First run of the night, first hit, then back on the trailer. :P

Prior to this I was using ET Street bias ply tires on 8" rims.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:51 AM   #105
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
That's my understanding of it too.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote