Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #46
Midnight11
El Presidente

brent, i look forward to your results. will you be going back to e85 too?

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #47
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
re-rx7, you are correct but have you seen the Boss rods and pistons? They look and are nearly identical to a GTs except for the process in which they are made. They are also nearly the same weight so I don't think that argument can be used here...but I've been wrong before as my wife tells me
Id like to see the weights of both. With gd tuning I believe the bearing in the Coyote are up to the challenge however, detonation or crap timing would probally shorten their life alot. The CJ MAni looks awesom and Im looking forward to the results.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #48
Yagermeister

I will be using e85 since it is a terrible fuel...with an intake that won't work...with valvetrain that can't handle it...with a gutted car...tuned by someone who can't tune (me)...with an auto because it is sooooo much easier than a stick...with drag radials that can't hook...with advancetrac turned on and limp mode enabled...all while running out of MAF.

Some of you guys must think I don't do research and just throw parts at the car. I have friends across the whole industry from when I used to have a race shop with a Dynojet up in Detroit. I read and talk to a lot of people before I buy or implement something. 36,000 miles and over 180 passes all while being the fastest stock converter bolton car in the country...I have no secrets and am willing to help everyone...just ask.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #49
re-rx7
Banned

I will be using e85 since it is a terrible fuel...with an intake that won't work...with valvetrain that can't handle it...with a gutted car...tuned by someone who can't tune (me)...with an auto because it is sooooo much easier than a stick...with drag radials that can't hook...with advancetrac turned on and limp mode enabled...all while running out of MAF.

Some of you guys must think I don't do research and just throw parts at the car. I have friends across the whole industry from when I used to have a race shop with a Dynojet up in Detroit. I read and talk to a lot of people before I buy or implement something. 36,000 miles and over 180 passes all while being the fastest stock converter bolton car in the country...I have no secrets and am willing to help everyone...just ask.
Can I borrow some money? LOL

Id like to know where the stock Ecu in the 5.0 reaches it limits. When I had an Evo it was around 600whp or so before the Ecu just could not control the amount of CFM accurate. That being said before going Map alot of us were geting 550 on the stock maf.

Last edited by re-rx7; 09-14-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #50
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Oh and it's a lease FTW!!!!!!!!
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #51
Yagermeister

Because its a lease I have money for car parts Its just like renting a house
Old 09-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #52
Yagermeister

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Id like to see the weights of both. With gd tuning I believe the bearing in the Coyote are up to the challenge however, detonation or crap timing would probally shorten their life alot. The CJ MAni looks awesom and Im looking forward to the results.
The Boss and GT have the exact same forged crank and bearings
Old 09-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #53
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Because its a lease I have money for car parts Its just like renting a house
Lol you're funny.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #54
Yagermeister

So are you
Old 09-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #55
re-rx7
Banned

The Boss and GT have the exact same forged crank and bearings
I classify the gt and the boss 302 as the coyote.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #56
Yagermeister

So do I and that's why I have the thoughts I do regarding what my motor can and can't do
Old 09-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #57
re-rx7
Banned

So do I and that's why I have the thoughts I do regarding what my motor can and can't do
Id like to know where the stock Ecu in the 5.0 reaches it limits. When I had an Evo it was around 600whp or so before the Ecu just could not control the amount of CFM accurate. That being said before going Map alot of us were geting 550 on the stock maf.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #58
Yagermeister

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
So far from what I have heard is that it has not been a limit of horsepower but rather of cracking the ecu code to release more rpm. I don't know the MAF limit. Kevin Dunn can speak more on that

Last edited by Yagermeister; 09-14-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Yagermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #59
re-rx7
Banned

So far from what I have heard is that it has not been a limit of horsepower but rather of cracking the ecu code to release more rpm
So the tables allow for pretty much unlimited Cfm and rpm? Whats the limit of the stock maf?
Old 09-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #60
Yagermeister

No, rpm right now is capped around 7800 in a GT processor. With some secrets I have tested a special tune from a tuner that got my car to shift at 8100. The Boss processor should be able to...kdanner with his Boss engine GT can chat more on this topic...cfm not capped in ecu.