Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
DarkHorse1350

Default MT82 Shifter Slop Fix

Afternoon Folks,

As we all know the stock Getrag MT82 shifter could be better, no argument there right? With this said I wanted to improve on this but didn't want to upset big brother at FOMOCO by installing a Barton, MGW, etc. Enter the Energy Suspension Poly shifter bushing. This is by no means an alternative nor will it perform like a Barton or the like, BUT it will clean up the stock shifters action quite a bit.

Install was EXTREMELY straight forward and easy to do with a 10mm socket and long extensions. Total time from jacking the car up, install, to taking the test drive was maybe 30 minutes. No more zip ties, no noticible increase in NVH.

Driving impressions: I am happy with the results, shifts are more solid and I feel more confident going through the gears. I highly recommend one of these for those that are not quite ready to install a short throw due to warranty concerns and for <$20 shipped it was well worth it in my opinion.

Link:
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...sp?prod=4.1134

As a side note, when I pulled the old bushing out I was shocked at how soft and flimsy that thing was, no wonder there was so much slop in these stock shifters.

Hope this helps someone, and please let me know if anyone has any questions.

You must be fast cause you were haulin azz when I passed you!!

2007 Mustang GT Black with Gold Racing Stripes"Goldie", 5 Speed, 3.55 Gears, SVE Lowering Springs, JLT CAI, Roush Axle Backs, Bama Tuned! **SOLD**

2013 Mustang GT, Deep Impact Blue, 6 speed, 3.73's, GT500 Axle Backs, JLT Oil Catch Can, Sound Tube Deleted, SR Lowering Springs, J&M Panhard Bar
DarkHorse1350 is offline   Reply With Quote