Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Default DFW50's @ The Motorplex 3/22

First I'd like to say thanks to everyone who came out. We had a pretty good turnout considering the weather and short planning, some new faces and some regulars of course. For an unofficial event, it was a good turnout!

Next, I'd like to say..I need a gawd damn shifter! lol.

Big thanks to Nick for being a good sport for a fun, good natured rivalry. He technically won both races, but only because I missed 4th gear on both of our races. Our last past was both of our best passes and Nick barely won because I missed 4th..again. *sigh*. lol.

I didn't do too bad for the first time ever racing this car down the track. First pass I ran a 12.68 against TheHead (Christian). Second pass I ran a 13.34 because when I went to shift to 4th I went into second by accident so I shut it down. My last pass against Nick I ran a 12.50 again missing 4th. Before than Nick was running 13's on his borrowed tires, but he closed the deal on the last pass for bragging rights. He killed me on the tree due to my slow reaction times (due to no sleep the last week thanks to the new baby lol) but I would quickly catch and pass him before the 1/8th mile. I ran a 8.0 to his 8.4.

With some more seat time, proper air pressure in the DR's and a shifter, I have no doubt I can get it into the 11's.

Well done, Nick! It was fun buddy and you have the technical bragging rights for now. But we both know who has the faster car.

All joking aside, it went better than I thought it would. Nick has more mods than I do and I have a 100lbs on him with my fat ass. It was a good time and again I thank Nick for the fun rivalry.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote