Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:07 AM   #16
kdanner

Originally Posted by five.slow View Post
my car ran like a raped ape, did i get on the track? no im in the middle of the fucking desert so that wasn't an option.
Which effectively translates to: "the car was fast, I have no measurable way to show it, but that's what my butt-o-meter says." Yes you're entitled to your opinion, but when you say the car is fast, someone like me is going to eventually come along and ask you how fast, which you can't answer. So it's completely subjective, not objective.

if kris would just stop talking shit it would make him look better.
I have no desire to "look better". I'm not in this business. What I will do is call people out when they can't back up their claims. Evidently some would prefer to just let them continue to spew their bullshit and never question it.
kdanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:09 PM   #17
five.slow

I can call call bullshit on your stuff just as easy. difference is you look like a fucking dick. I bet you are the guy when a friend says "dude I got this bad ass garage door opener, its 5hp" you would come back with "bullshit it does not have 5hp, i made my own that is better". you will argue with anyone thinking you are better when in reality you are average. think you are the only non shop guy going fast? hell you might be the slowest non shop guy... the internet isnt everything bud. you must be the coolest dude ever to hang out with. no all of us are out to set world records and if you were so damn bad ass with your car why are you not in racing magazines or touring the country like JPC or beefcake (just naming a few for reference)? I will let you claim weekend warrior, happy?
five.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #18
DirtyD

I can call call bullshit on your stuff just as easy. difference is you look like a fucking dick. I bet you are the guy when a friend says "dude I got this bad ass garage door opener, its 5hp" you would come back with "bullshit it does not have 5hp, i made my own that is better". you will argue with anyone thinking you are better when in reality you are average. think you are the only non shop guy going fast? hell you might be the slowest non shop guy... the internet isnt everything bud. you must be the coolest dude ever to hang out with. no all of us are out to set world records and if you were so damn bad ass with your car why are you not in racing magazines or touring the country like JPC or beefcake (just naming a few for reference)? I will let you claim weekend warrior, happy?
Simple. He doesn't do it for glory. He does it as a challenge and does it to satisfy himself. Plenty of people here have seen his car in action, and it's impressive.

And no offense, but the only one looking like a dick here is you.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:22 PM   #19
Crimson600+HP

Kris's car and tuning methods are proven on the track and has evidence. That speaks volumes in my book. His car was NA and trapped 180 @ the mile. My blown car couldn't get to the 170s.

In the car world, evidence and real world results matter. I have nothing against AED, but there are other options out there which people should consider before blindly following the masses.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:14 PM   #20
five.slow

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Simple. He doesn't do it for glory. He does it as a challenge and does it to satisfy himself. Plenty of people here have seen his car in action, and it's impressive.

And no offense, but the only one looking like a dick here is you.
so if i talk shit about a shop with no read negative reputation i wont be a dick?

Last edited by five.slow; 03-27-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:17 PM   #21
five.slow

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
Kris's car and tuning methods are proven on the track and has evidence. That speaks volumes in my book. His car was NA and trapped 180 @ the mile. My blown car couldn't get to the 170s.

In the car world, evidence and real world results matter. I have nothing against AED, but there are other options out there which people should consider before blindly following the masses.
i agree thats why i made the comment for the op to call around and talk to shops. i didnt go AED because of the masses. i heard about AED before shaun was even mentioned on the forums for tuning and got my tune before then too.

i never said kris had a slow car im sure its very impressive and if he beat my old supercharged car i would seriously shake his hand and say good job and fast car. being a prick about it just isnt cool.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:00 AM   #22
garner

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
Which effectively translates to: "the car was fast, I have no measurable way to show it, but that's what my butt-o-meter says." Yes you're entitled to your opinion, but when you say the car is fast, someone like me is going to eventually come along and ask you how fast, which you can't answer. So it's completely subjective, not objective.

I have no desire to "look better". I'm not in this business. What I will do is call people out when they can't back up their claims. Evidently some would prefer to just let them continue to spew their bullshit and never question it.
Not everybody is looking to run 10s. To the AED customer base, fast could be mid 11s
Old 03-28-2014, 03:23 AM   #23
kdanner

Originally Posted by garner View Post
Not everybody is looking to run 10s. To the AED customer base, fast could be mid 11s
There's nothing wrong with that, at all. There's just that one forum which is a massive AED circle jerk, where Shaun pays protection money to the owner to be able to do that, where all his ballwashers carry on and on about how great he is, even though he has no measurable results anywhere close to plenty of other people in the business. People read this, don't know any better, and buy into the hype too. The OP in this thread asked for opinion about calibrations from Shaun and Jeff. I gave him mine, and stand by it.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:23 AM   #24
garner

There's nothing wrong with that, at all. There's just that one forum which is a massive AED circle jerk, where Shaun pays protection money to the owner to be able to do that, where all his ballwashers carry on and on about how great he is, even though he has no measurable results anywhere close to plenty of other people in the business. People read this, don't know any better, and buy into the hype too. The OP in this thread asked for opinion about calibrations from Shaun and Jeff. I gave him mine, and stand by it.
Oh I know, I've seen it lol. It can be amusing and annoying.

I agree Jeff would be a good option, mainly due to the fact he's local which is a huge plus when it comes to the bigger mods
Old 03-28-2014, 09:27 AM   #25
DirtyD

Revolution Auto seems to be becoming the new AED tuner of email tunes. But there are a good bit of those guys with actual track results too to back it up. Lots of CJ mani cars coming from there late.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:27 AM   #26
DirtyD

so if i talk shit about a shop with no read negative reputation i wont be a dick?
No, you just don't have to seem like you are walking around wanting to slice somebody's head off at the first chance.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #27
five.slow

No, you just don't have to seem like you are walking around wanting to slice somebody's head off at the first chance.
what about just talking shit about people just because you think you are better?

paying protection money? seriously its the internet you dont pay protection money. if he just said "i dont like shaun @ aed because i haven't seen any measurable results" that would be respectable but to sit here and say shit like "all the ball washers" and stupid shit like that is immature. there is a reason he got banned on SVTP. its not because he voiced his opinion it was for slander. no one will ever the best and there is always someone out there that is better but he thinks hes gods gift to the 5.0.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:37 AM   #28
kdanner

Revolution Auto seems to be becoming the new AED tuner of email tunes. But there are a good bit of those guys with actual track results too to back it up. Lots of CJ mani cars coming from there late.
Noticing that similarity too. Watch carefully though, and you'll see some instances like them acting like a car has a stock long block, when you can find older posts about it having headwork and cams. Or comments like "well we ran 10.50 NA 2 years ago". Yeah, in a stripped down SN95, not an S197, but they left that part out.

paying protection money? seriously its the internet you dont pay protection money.
On that forum you do, and it is commonly known. Anything which might look the slightest bit negative toward someone who pays gets deleted. It's not at all unique to Shaun, Jay Tucker's antics haven't been tolerated on multiple other forums either. But there, he's protected.

there is a reason he got banned on SVTP.
There sure is, but you don't know what it is. Let me help you out. They couldn't even get that right, they don't know the difference between delete and ban.

Last edited by kdanner; 03-29-2014 at 02:57 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #29
2014gt

i would rather lack alittle on the performance side as long as its reliable, but i would prefer to have my car on a dyno tune for the juice

bone stock 1/4 12.65@112
2014gt is offline   Reply With Quote