Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
hatchttu

Default suspension help

Hey guys, I need some help. I have a 2012 mustang gt. Over the last month or so I noticed a knocking from what seemed to be the front drivers suspension. Last march I installed koni str.ts and steeda ultralites. The sound started off going over bumps and progressed to being random but constant. It sounds like a golf ball rattling around in a cup. Like 2 metal pieces bouncing off one another.

Last week (11/13) I brought it to the dealer and they replaced the front lower control arms per the LCA tsb. The sound was gone for a few days but has come back with great vengeance. I brought the car back to the dealer today and they are telling me the LCAs are fine and that the sound is coming from the springs. They won't touch the springs because they are aftermarket so they can't tell me what about them may be making the noise. I Have pulled the wheel off and everything seems to be tight. The sound happens on seemingly smooth roads, sometimes over bumps, and sometimes it won't happen over bumps. But while you are driving it is constantly happening. I may pull the front strut out tomorrow and look at it. Any advice on what to look for? I am also thinking of having ntb check it out after thanksgiving.

Here is a video
hatchttu is offline   Reply With Quote