Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #11
KungFuHamster

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
from what i saw at ennis a few weeks ago. all you guys street race because you cant drive worth a shit. its easier to roll race and its just a dyno pull. hence why you would like it, no driver input needed, you can show off all them horsepowers you spend so much money on. only time a car like mine would have a chance is from a dig or at the track because it involves driver skill as well. this list is about the top ten drivers/cars not who has the most horsepower.
For the most part this is true. Roll racing does not involve a lot of driver skill.

However, I will say that because I leave a lot of ET on the track doesn't necessarily mean I'm a shitty driver. I, like others, can't afford to break my tranny (or anything else), so I granny shift it. I'm on stock tires.

But I'm also more comfortable on the street and racing on the street is a completely different animal. Also, I race at the track like I do on the street (i.e. I leave the baby seat in, I don't mess with tire pressure...I make NO changes to the car).
So if Car X runs a time at the track after stripping his car down to a driver seat and on full slicks and then I catch Car X at a light, who's to say I wouldn't still beat that car?

I don't race my car much, this is true...but apparently I know it well enough to run within .005 second in a stick car.

This whole list thing has gotten foolish. I was going to throw my name in the hat and try to have some fun with it, but it would seem like its too much of a hassle.