sell me your xcal

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #32
DirtyD

It's a non-enhanced version dude. Obviously if it worked on these cars I would be keeping it. Derp.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #33
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
F/I setups benefit even more from headers. The sound is well worth the money IMO.

Same could be said for TF wheels, Beautiful... but pricey commodity.
Having owned several boosted cars with longtubes in the past, I can tell you from experience that for a street car, they are not worth the expense. Minimal gains power wise (thought they sound great) but then you begin to have issues with tunes, 02 sensors and emissions issues. Yes, you can have a "hook up" not to deal with that, but having to go through the hassle every year is a pain in the ass. Plus, these new cars will need "not ready" codes regardless.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #34
PLASMAN

Justin is in the process of putting together his VMP version of the TVS better than the roush model
mods to be put on:
MAK 3" Offroad downpipe, FR Intercooler, Meth kit, SSI T5 Tune

Totaled:
2013 GT/CS A6
Steeda CAI/ VMP Tune/GT500 AB/JEGS CAT DELETES/
STEEDA UCA/LCA'S/ EIBACH PRO KIT STRUTS/ FRPP K SPRINGS/ BMR PANHARD BAR / Shelby Razors 20's
PLASMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #35
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by PLASMAN View Post
Justin is in the process of putting together his VMP version of the TVS better than the roush model
Interesting. Did not know this. Have anymore info?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #36
Courtesy Flush

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Having owned several boosted cars with longtubes in the past, I can tell you from experience that for a street car, they are not worth the expense. Minimal gains power wise (thought they sound great) but then you begin to have issues with tunes, 02 sensors and emissions issues. Yes, you can have a "hook up" not to deal with that, but having to go through the hassle every year is a pain in the ass. Plus, these new cars will need "not ready" codes regardless.
Why even do any performance modifications then, if experience tells you its hassle and not worth expense?

I fully disagree with headers adding minimal gains to f/i setups.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #37
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Why even do any performance modifications then, if experience tells you its hassle and not worth expense?

I fully disagree with headers adding minimal gains to f/i setups.
These new cars are ridiculously easy to make power with as it is, so why do modifications that aren't really needed that would just make the car difficult to be inspected? Exhaust and blower on these cars will make 600-700rw depending on boost and supporting mods.

Installing longtubes on these cars are a complete pain in the ass. If you have a shop do it 1) it's going to be expensive as hell 2) you're taking a huge chance with the Mustang shops in the DFW area because most of them suck ass. Dave's car is also slammed which is going to make it difficult driving daily with speed bumps and driveways scraping everything and possibly busting collectors.

Unless you are building an all out race car trying to squeeze out every last bit of horsepower, spending $1250 on parts, plus $85 hour labor hours on install is not worth the 15-20rwhp that you will gain from it.

But that's just my opinion.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #38
virtu

For the guys running around with open exhaust, do you ever get hassled by the popo? I've heard what these cars sound like and I can't even imagine driving around the city making all that noise. I'm not knocking it, I think it sounds badass and I would totally do it but it just screams "look at me look at me." I think I've got enough of that going on with the green paint.
virtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #39
virtu

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post

Did I miss a post from Justin or something? I don't see that quote anywhere.
I was having issues with the site earlier at work and accidentally deleted my post. Figured I'd repost when I got home.

This thing makes plenty of noise but it's not my daily driver so I can tolerate it.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #40
PLASMAN

Interesting. Did not know this. Have anymore info?
He emailed me yesterday and I forgot to get an update. Let me see what I can find out and I'll post an update
mods to be put on:
MAK 3" Offroad downpipe, FR Intercooler, Meth kit, SSI T5 Tune

Totaled:
2013 GT/CS A6
Steeda CAI/ VMP Tune/GT500 AB/JEGS CAT DELETES/
STEEDA UCA/LCA'S/ EIBACH PRO KIT STRUTS/ FRPP K SPRINGS/ BMR PANHARD BAR / Shelby Razors 20's
PLASMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #41
Courtesy Flush

These new cars are ridiculously easy to make power with as it is, so why do modifications that aren't really needed that would just make the car difficult to be inspected? Exhaust and blower on these cars will make 600-700rw depending on boost and supporting mods.

Installing longtubes on these cars are a complete pain in the ass. If you have a shop do it 1) it's going to be expensive as hell 2) you're taking a huge chance with the Mustang shops in the DFW area because most of them suck ass. Dave's car is also slammed which is going to make it difficult driving daily with speed bumps and driveways scraping everything and possibly busting collectors.

Unless you are building an all out race car trying to squeeze out every last bit of horsepower, spending $1250 on parts, plus $85 hour labor hours on install is not worth the 15-20rwhp that you will gain from it.

But that's just my opinion.
You keep mentioning inspection like getting it done is to the level of difficulty of a bar exam. I've never had a problem

Headers are a supporting mod. Less boost is needed with the added flow aftermarket headers provide therefore the stress on the motor is somewhat minimized. I hope you have seen the stock headers before making these assessments, looks like a 15 year old welded them with a years experience. I will they say do flow well for light bolt on setups.

Good luck getting local vendors to support this site and possibly offer discounts for members with those comments.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #42
DirtyD

Originally Posted by virtu View Post
I was having issues with the site earlier at work and accidentally deleted my post. Figured I'd repost when I got home.

This thing makes plenty of noise but it's not my daily driver so I can tolerate it.

puuuuurdy.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #43
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Steve should get on Facebook, that is all.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #44
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Steve should get on Facebook, that is all.
Uh, no thanks. I dont see any reason for it.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #45
virtu

Had to get 3 fillings at the dentist yesterday afternoon. That nitrous oxide sure was fun though.