Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
jng2985

Default G@D D@MN semi's!

Driving along 35 tonight when i hear that cringing sound.."tink".. Up ahead atleast! 700ft! a god damn gravel truck, next thing I know this truck hits an overpass bump 35 & sandylake, and all hell breaks loose! basically it's tink tink tink tink tink tink tink tink! me and everyone else hardly near this guy got fucking peppered! 1" gash on the roof with another 20-30 marks on the hood/bumper.

I did get a company name and plate number from the truck and plan to call on monday, but is it even worth it?

Ill post pictures in a few after I drink myself into a Coma! BTW if you drive a shit throwing truck/car/bike then fuck you!! Should've bought white..
jng2985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
jng2985

and NO it's not dirt marks! Im out of spit trying to see how bad it is..

Old 03-24-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
downtime!

That's damn sure irritating. I'd call them and bitch for sure. And with that said, I got a chip in my hood and a rock chip in the windshield about a week after I got mine. Pissed me off for a minute, then I came to the conclusion that it's just a car, now it's got a chip, and I don't have to be so worried about it anymore. Both are still there and still visible and don't bother me in the least.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:41 AM   #4
Luke

I'd call and get it fixed, no way in hell I'd let that go.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #5
MnemonicGhost

Was it that he was kicking up rocks from the highway or that he was hauling away trash that was not covered? Unless he had no mud flaps or other similar misgivings, I doubt there is much that can be done. I'd still call and bitch at least.

Mods thus far: JLT Oil Separator - MMD Hood Struts
MnemonicGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
merlinmol

Damn that sucks bro. Hopefully the company will do something about it, tough to say though.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

If it was a gravel truck then it probably had a sign that said stay back 200 feet. If they do then you're screwed and they won't do shit about it. Trust me I know.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Damn, that sucks man. I'd be livid too. I purposely try to stay away from semi's for that very reason too. Hope it works out for ya.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #9
The Joker

I would be ticked off also....I would call for sure. I do my best to stay away from all trucks on the highway.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #10
jng2985

so after washing the car today I counted 28 chips. Most aren't too deep and touch up paint will be fine for covering.. The one on the roof is no good, touch up primer followed by paint may work..

The gravel/rocks got bounced out of cracks or w/e on the trailer when the driver hit the bump. I doubt the company will do much about it and I'm not really even looking for 100% comp for the repair, but atleast 75% would be nice.

@Downtime, I agree it is just a car and one or two fuck it.. it is what it is. I bought the car to drive and roads are not clean but that many is unreal.

Calling in the AM and will post an update...
Old 03-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #11
Mdelongpre

I was driving home the other day going north on 35 around all the construction near the 820 intersection...

There was a front end loader dumping a massive amount of wet concrete into a dump truck. It was the loader, then dump truck next to it, then the road I had to drive on right next to the dump truck. Of course it all splashed up and out all over the cars passing by. Luckily I live close by so I immediately used some cleaner and got it off. But where ever there was a spot, there now is a murky looking smear. I'm going to wash and wax soon to hopefully get the rest out. There were no signs or cones or anything either. Just a bunch of retards with cement.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
That's damn sure irritating. I'd call them and bitch for sure. And with that said, I got a chip in my hood and a rock chip in the windshield about a week after I got mine. Pissed me off for a minute, then I came to the conclusion that it's just a car, now it's got a chip, and I don't have to be so worried about it anymore. Both are still there and still visible and don't bother me in the least.
u are old and have other shit to worry about... he's 25. Im 35 and Id be f'in livid if that happened to any of my cars, let alone a brand new Stang.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #13
blownaltered
I have a small penis

If the damage is bad enoughh you could always file a claim with your insurance. Pay your deductible and have it fixed.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #14
jng2985

Well after speaking with them today and many back and forth emails showing pictures of the damage they're willing to comp. 85% of the repair cost. Damn sure a stand up company and very apologetic about it.

It still pisses me off when I walk into the garage and see it but w/e.. it will be fixed.

Headed to ford tomorrow to find out thier price and will go from there.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #15
03MachMe

Default Re: G@D D@MN semi's!

Wow def good news. I wouldn't expect them to do that but good for them

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote