Foxbody 5.0s For the original 5.0s that started it all

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #16
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Who are you referring to? Also we both know building new, a SBF is 2x if not more then a chevy....
Hamilton. Unless he's gone LSX too... Pretty sure he has a baby windsor stroker...
Old 07-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Donnie, stick a terminator motor in it with a twinscrew on e85. 750rw all day easily. The bonus is Matt willhate it almost as much as he hates being employed. Lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:04 AM   #18
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Donnie, stick a terminator motor in it with a twinscrew on e85. 750rw all day easily. The bonus is Matt willhate it almost as much as he hates being employed. Lol
Lmfao, that cracks me up. But I would like to stay pushrod. I guess I just want to be old school about it.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #19
Junkie

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Hamilton. Unless he's gone LSX too... Pretty sure he has a baby windsor stroker...
Yeah Chris is a good example of a local fast SBF, but we both know thats a nice ass motor. But look at how many fast Chevy based motors there are...

I guess I'm still a cheap ass, I also like it when parts are easily available. I break too much and race way too much to deal with SBF's
Old 07-13-2013, 02:49 AM   #20
blownaltered
I have a small penis

In all honesty this car will never see the track and isn't raced often. I just want to build something in the 650 to 750 range. Nothing ridiculous, I never plan on having the fastest car
Old 07-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #21
STROKD
Old School

Donnie isn't a punk ass bitch to do something like that.

I like my new new job, thank you very much.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #22
Toby

A sbf can be built just as cheap as an ls motor and make comparable power if you know what you are doing. It's just an air pump. The 347 in my car now can be duplicated for around 3k with brand new parts, or less then 2k with used parts and you building it and it made 430 to the tires, got 20+ mpg hwy and drove great.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #23
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
In all honesty this car will never see the track and isn't raced often. I just want to build something in the 650 to 750 range. Nothing ridiculous, I never plan on having the fastest car
In that case, get a B351 sportsman block, make it a 408 and put decent heads on it. 15 or so psi on pump and you will be around 650-700rw. Its a proven formula.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #24
Toby

A pushrod motor will be much cheaper then that and make just as much if not more power depending on how aggressive you get with it.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #25
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
A pushrod motor will be much cheaper then that and make just as much if not more power depending on how aggressive you get with it.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #26
Junkie

A sbf can be built just as cheap as an ls motor and make comparable power if you know what you are doing. It's just an air pump. The 347 in my car now can be duplicated for around 3k with brand new parts, or less then 2k with used parts and you building it and it made 430 to the tires, got 20+ mpg hwy and drove great.
Same thing can be done with an LS motor cheaper, and no SBF I've ever owned got the same mileage as any LS I've owned. Which have been a LOT of both
Old 07-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #27
Grandpa
I> /\/\

With a pushrod Ford it will be a radical, vibrating, noisy, smelly hot rod type car his wife and kids wont enjoy riding around in for any length of time. With a smooth four valve terminator set up it will drive like a stock car until he puts his foot in it to hear that wonderful whone noise and tons of torque at near idle. Not to mention worlds easier to tune and get inspected as well. Modern tech is a wonderful thing.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #28
Toby

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Same thing can be done with an LS motor cheaper, and no SBF I've ever owned got the same mileage as any LS I've owned. Which have been a LOT of both
I will agree the ls gets better mileage, but apples to apples they cost about the same to build with similar hp results. I have built a bunch of both, my ls1 in the truck actually ended up costing more then My 347 in the mustang. I doubt he is much worried about fuel mileage if he wants a big hp car. It's is nice but doesn't always come with the territory. Different strokes man.

A short stoke 347 with the proper cam, heads, intake with a little boost from that monster blower will easily make 600-700 and drive smooth as can be.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #29
331fox

I will agree the ls gets better mileage, but apples to apples they cost about the same to build with similar hp results. I have built a bunch of both, my ls1 in the truck actually ended up costing more then My 347 in the mustang. I doubt he is much worried about fuel mileage if he wants a big hp car. It's is nice but doesn't always come with the territory. Different strokes man.

A short stoke 347 with the proper cam, heads, intake with a little boost from that monster blower will easily make 600-700 and drive smooth as can be.
I couldn't agree more.
331fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #30
blownaltered
I have a small penis

What rods and pistons would you use with a short stroke 347? Would that be a 331 rod with the bigger 363 pistons?