Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #46
DirtyD

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
YAll really think a truck from the factory would be designed to jump 10 ft jumps and such? The truck would be useless on regular hwy and gas mielage would suffer even more. I like the truck the way it is. Good road manners and the ability to do 99% of the stuff most people like to do.
I'm not even going to waste my time responding to this...
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #47
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I'm not even going to waste my time responding to this...
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:08 PM   #48
DirtyD

LOL. I honestly completely forgot what I had said. Just reread it. Now I will contradict myself. So here is goes.

Ford didn't build the truck to be a straight highway/asphalt queen. But unfortunately, and I'm sure they knew that it would, that's what 90% of the Raptors are. Not many are used for what they were designed for. However, it wasn't designed to go out and compete in the Baja 1000 either. The suspension has it's limits, but they are more than a normal 4x4 F-150 can handle.

I think Ford entered the Raptor project to tackle a different challenge. They wanted to build something that had both street and offroad manners that the typical 4x4 F-150 couldn't handle. They probably didn't plan on it becoming such a huge hit, which is why they can't keep up with demand.

My comments earlier were a little exaggerated though. Definitely exaggerated. We know it can handle more than a couple of inches on a jump, but it depends on how it lands on really what it can withstand.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #49
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
LOL. I honestly completely forgot what I had said. Just reread it. Now I will contradict myself. So here is goes.

Ford didn't build the truck to be a straight highway/asphalt queen. But unfortunately, and I'm sure they knew that it would, that's what 90% of the Raptors are. Not many are used for what they were designed for. However, it wasn't designed to go out and compete in the Baja 1000 either. The suspension has it's limits, but they are more than a normal 4x4 F-150 can handle.

I think Ford entered the Raptor project to tackle a different challenge. They wanted to build something that had both street and offroad manners that the typical 4x4 F-150 couldn't handle. They probably didn't plan on it becoming such a huge hit, which is why they can't keep up with demand.

My comments earlier were a little exaggerated though. Definitely exaggerated. We know it can handle more than a couple of inches on a jump, but it depends on how it lands on really what it can withstand.
Great Post. I think back to that jackass jumping one at Rednecks with Paychecks. The truck competed in the BAja and finished I think its capable of that but Jumping and rock crawling not so much. S/n Ford snuck a Eco boost 2 into a Baja style race to test durabilty. They drove it there took out the Plexiglass ran it and the drove it home.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #50
zsommer79

Did you raise it any? Going 30 mph over what kind of terrain?
Why would anyone raise a Raptor, its all about wheel travel and keeping your center of gravity down.

The terrain doesn't matter much, I could do it on a city street. All you need is a nice dip that preloads the hell out of the front and as it comes up out it basically acts like a lever slamming the rear end down hard enough to push the bumpstops into the frame.
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote