Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Other Makes and Models

Other Makes and Models Section for people who don't have 5.0s but still have badass cars. DFW 5.0s Welcomes everyone

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
Dominic Toretto

Default SRT Hellcat Challenger

707hp and 650ft lbs from a 6.2L supercharged Hemi. The car is slated to be the fastest current pony car.

Queue the Ford elitests.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
03MachMe

Depends how much it weighs in at. I can't wait to see but they are so big they have never been any good at turns so rules it put for me. I would love one for a weekend Street car to take to the drag strip on rare occasions but just too big to make a full race car for what I want

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #3
rlhay2

4450lbs / 707 hp = 6.29lb per 1 hp

Shelby GT500:

3850lbs / 662 = 5.81lb per 1 hp

It's great that Dodge is offering a competitive challenger. I wish they would lose 500lbs from the chassis. Competition only improves the breed.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
garner

I would love to have one. They just seem plain badass and come with the laguna leather which feels amazing, I could care less about being fastest on the street
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #5
03MachMe

I'm with you, but I'm sure the price would lead me to get something else. I'm sure for what those are going to sell for I could get a slightly used Viper

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #6
garner

Probably. Local dealer is selling a new 2013 with a $32,000ish rebate for around $99,000. With dealer markup, I could see a hellcat bring right around $90k
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #7
Dominic Toretto

According to a source over on SVT, the Hellcat should outrun the GT500 in all aspects of straight line racing. Yes the car will weigh more than a GT500 but, I believe it will be faster to run the claimed times that were given. Of course they were not official and God knows what the conditions of the runs were. I believe that despite the weight, that most of the performance will come from their new 8speed auto.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 07-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #8
DirtyD

I'm curious to see how the Hellcat does in the traction department, since the GT500 has issues there, obviously.

However, being that the SRT8 has a curb weight of 4130 lbs already, I don't see the Hellcat being a single # under 4250, maybe even 4300. So it's 500# heavier than a GT500 and makes only 45 more HP...don't see how that will beat the GT500 times.

I think it will be a $70k car with markup.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #9
rlhay2

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
AI believe that despite the weight, that most of the performance will come from their new 8speed auto.
I overlooked that! And that 8 speed auto is one hell of a transmission too!

Looks like the crown may go to Dodge for now.

Looking forward to the response from Ford and Chevy!
Old 07-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

It's really hard to say what it might/might not do performance wise. Look at the CTS-V for example, very heavy car as well but is an amazing performer that has set plenty of factory records. The numbers sometimes just don't add up when trying to bench race it.

Unfortunately, I think it will be a very rare opportunity to get the chance to race one. Most of them will be bought up by old Mopar nuts who will just take them to Show N Shines standing around talking about slanted magazine article performance numbers. The other will be bought and have 22 inch donk wheels and halo lights on them bench racing them to death but never race. At most, we might see a handful of hardcores gutting them to nothing and racing them at the track for Youtube videos. Seeing one on the street? Don't count on it.

I think price tags between $80-90k will be the norm for the first year. Mopar customers are brainwashed to think that Mopars are suppose to be expensive and that is part of what makes them cool. Mopar fans are the worst about having Barret Jackson dreams. lmao.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #11
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by rlhay2 View Post
I overlooked that! And that 8 speed auto is one hell of a transmission too!
Yup, power and torque have their place but, with technical advances in other areas like tires, transmission etc, it really isn't just a numbers game anymore.

I believe Chrysler is going for the win and will get it with this car.

-Alex

Old 07-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #12
JDMLOL

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:28 PM   #13
downtime!

Last years hot "tuner" Challenger was the Mr. Norm's GSS. Big hemi, KB 4.2L Mammoth kit, supporting mods, made a little over 1000 rwhp. I'm sure if someone did a full prep on one, it would do much better than the magazine tests, but it struggled to get into the 11's in both of the "big" Mopar performance magazines. Probably didn't want to break the half shafts with a serious launch.

The rumor mill is already quoting a drag slick equipped Hellcat as running 10.90's with no other mods. Seems obtainable, given what my car did with about the same power and a few hundred pounds less weight. It should be interesting to see some real world tests, and also should be quite eye opening when the first tuners get a hold of one. Will it be like a GT500 and an extra 80-100 hp is only a pulley change away? We'll see.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #14
re-rx7
Banned

Im curious as to the internals. Ford gets away with alot of power with simple internals because of the plasma bores.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #15
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I just hope to get the chance to race one. I fear most Hellcats will be bought by old Mopar nuts who will just take them to car shows and hoping to make millions at Barret Jackson in a few years. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote