Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Foxbody 5.0s

Foxbody 5.0s For the original 5.0s that started it all

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #61
downtime!

Guess I didn't post pics here of the '82, so here goes. Just a bone stock '82 Capri RS, with 53,000 miles on her. Bought from the original owner by a friend of mine to save, and ended up in my garage instead. Everything is still original, right down to the date coded radiator hoses, and everything works like it should. The only bad thing is the p/o cut the dash for a "modern" radio. It came with a period correct am/fm/8 track though, which will find it's way in there someday. I recently picked up a set of 16 holes for her, as well as a set of TRX wheels, and will be switching them out as the mood strikes me. She also came with all original documentation, including a letter from Eagle Lincoln Mercury congratulating the original owner on his purchase. The glovebox was also full of receipts from all the work done to the car over the years (oil changes, gas, basic maintenance, etc.).

Old 07-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #62
Junkie

My 1991 Coupe- Currently setup for a TT LS motor, glide, built/braced 8.8. Holley dominator EFI, with TC and digital dash. Iffy on how I want to finish this car honestly.

my 1993 Cobra. Car is clean! Has an Rblock 331, 76mm turbo kit, and C6 trans. I HATE the trans and very much dislike the motor and turbo kit. Iffy on how I want to fix this car up. In an ideal world I would do a Griggs full suspension while keeping the car 4 lug, upgraded brakes, and do a H/C LS3 and TR6060....but that kind of kills the value of the car. Either way this is going to be an expensive build that I haven't decided to tackle yet.

Ideally I would do a 427+ ci SBF with a big direct port and a TR6060, but I just HATE SBF's with a passion. and that is 2-3x the cost of an LS motor
Old 07-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #63
Selcouth

My 85 that currently has a 302 with basic bolt ons. Seriously considering engine swapping to a LS after owning my GTO.

[/URL]
Old 07-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #64
Junkie

LS swap FTW
Old 07-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #65
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
Guess I didn't post pics here of the '82, so here goes. Just a bone stock '82 Capri RS, with 53,000 miles on her. Bought from the original owner by a friend of mine to save, and ended up in my garage instead. Everything is still original, right down to the date coded radiator hoses, and everything works like it should. The only bad thing is the p/o cut the dash for a "modern" radio. It came with a period correct am/fm/8 track though, which will find it's way in there someday. I recently picked up a set of 16 holes for her, as well as a set of TRX wheels, and will be switching them out as the mood strikes me. She also came with all original documentation, including a letter from Eagle Lincoln Mercury congratulating the original owner on his purchase. The glovebox was also full of receipts from all the work done to the car over the years (oil changes, gas, basic maintenance, etc.).
Want! My dad is building a 79 pace car at this very moment. Its the 5.0 not the turbo 4 which is very rare. I really like this car and the Original 8 track is dope.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #66
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Want! My dad is building a 79 pace car at this very moment. Its the 5.0 not the turbo 4 which is very rare. I really like this car and the Original 8 track is dope.
79 pace car and mine have the same look. 82 GT and Capri FTW!

OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #67
Ldecharmoy

My 92 gt....

Ldecharmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #68
Slow Five-O

Not the fastest thing around but it's fun!

Old 07-17-2013, 01:54 AM   #69
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Slow Five-O View Post
Not the fastest thing around but it's fun!

we need to get your car, mine and downtimes together and snap some pics.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:18 AM   #70
Slow Five-O

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
we need to get your car, mine and downtimes together and snap some pics.
Mine is far from photo shoot worthy. Guy i bought it from painted it in his garage and the is over spray and paint runs everywhere. My priority is getting all the little stuff done to make it run how i want it. But I'm almost done with that.

I'd be down for some group pics though soon as long as mine is furthest from the camera
Old 07-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #71
OG Fox
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Slow Five-O View Post
Mine is far from photo shoot worthy. Guy i bought it from painted it in his garage and the is over spray and paint runs everywhere. My priority is getting all the little stuff done to make it run how i want it. But I'm almost done with that.

I'd be down for some group pics though soon as long as mine is furthest from the camera
yeah man, its whatever. just my excuse to see another 82.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #72
Slow Five-O

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
yeah man, its whatever. just my excuse to see another 82.
For sure. I keep saying if I'm ever off on a Wednesday night I'll head up to sonic (i live right next to it), but I'm always working. One of these days.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #73
re-rx7
Banned

I'm gna ask my dad to snap a few of the pace cars being built.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote