Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Site Comments & Feedback

Site Comments & Feedback If you have some ideas or concerns with the forum or members, post them here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
Nay

Default Concerning the rules for posting in the For Sale section

Was just wondering about the 50 post required for posting in the for sale section. My question is what type of post qualifies for the 50. The reason I asked is a new member's for sale ad was deleted due to his post count, totally understandable, the rules state 50 post required. So he went and posted comments on the site and got his total to 50, I saw his ad in the for sale section with a post count of 51 and later today his ad was deleted and the his post count was reset to zero. I haven't read anywhere in the rules that someone can't post comments on everything without being penalized. Granted he he got creative to get to his 50 but he did not break any rules here. So what gives, I totally understand the principle of the requirement, not wanting people to join and sell their stuff and then never contribute again, I get that and I know a bunch of you have been here from day 1 and here to help out others and show your pride in your ride. Just seems if someone does follow the posted rules but not the way the site admin likes it, then maybe a new rule should be discussed or applied but not penalize anyone prior to it. Just a point of view, would like to hear your thoughts on this.
Thanks
Old 08-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by Nay View Post
Was just wondering about the 50 post required for posting in the for sale section. My question is what type of post qualifies for the 50. The reason I asked is a new member's for sale ad was deleted due to his post count, totally understandable, the rules state 50 post required. So he went and posted comments on the site and got his total to 50, I saw his ad in the for sale section with a post count of 51 and later today his ad was deleted and the his post count was reset to zero. I haven't read anywhere in the rules that someone can't post comments on everything without being penalized. Granted he he got creative to get to his 50 but he did not break any rules here. So what gives, I totally understand the principle of the requirement, not wanting people to join and sell their stuff and then never contribute again, I get that and I know a bunch of you have been here from day 1 and here to help out others and show your pride in your ride. Just seems if someone does follow the posted rules but not the way the site admin likes it, then maybe a new rule should be discussed or applied but not penalize anyone prior to it. Just a point of view, would like to hear your thoughts on this.
Thanks
The number 50 was obviously a number that the admin thought would deter people from flooding the welcome board to meet the minimum just to use the classifieds section as craigslist.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 08-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
Midnight11
El Presidente

If you want to be technical he didn't break any rules. I will step in and handle it

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Old 08-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
rriddle3

It's Nic's show, but on the site I admin, we have a rule against 'post whoring' just to increase one's count.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
Old 08-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
Nay

Pretty obvious this was never a problem before and John's intent was never to start a worm hole, he was just wanting to sell some mufflers. Met the guy yesterday, very nice guy who is into his mustang just like everyone else here.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
Oxford14Stang

cool story bro

Closed Thread