Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Suspension

Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
txfiremn

Default koni yellows and bmr springs ride

Im going to purchase koni yellow adjustables, bmr springs, panhard, uca and mount. If you're running the konis, bmr springs or both, how do you like it? Also, I want to install all of it myself, any pointers would be great.
txfiremn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
JDMLOL

Default koni yellows and bmr springs ride

Everything is extremely easy except the Uca. I had mine installed but lift the car as high as you can and remove the over axle pipes to get better access to the Uca. Adjust the Uca with the suspension loaded up. As for everything else, follow the lmr video for springs. I don't have the yellows, but a lot of guys run several clicks off of full soft.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS

Last edited by JDMLOL; 07-25-2014 at 11:57 PM.
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
El_Tortuga

Happy with my Koni yellows. Running them with Eibach pros.

Tips:
Best instructions I got were downloaded from American Muscle (c/w nut sizes so no fumbling for the right one). I think it was posted under the eibach pros.
Free spring compressor loaner from Autozone.
Air tools make the job so much easier, especially for removing / installing the strut nut.
Use Loctite blue.
Have not done UCA. Otherwise, fairly straightforward/simple job.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
my95z28

How is the ride quality Tortuga? I really want to lower my car but I absolutely love how comfortable the stock ride is. It's been a long time since I've had a car that rides this comfortably.
my95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #5
JDMLOL

I never needed a spring compressor for mine... I guess it depends on the drop?

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 07-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #6
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by my95z28 View Post
How is the ride quality Tortuga? I really want to lower my car but I absolutely love how comfortable the stock ride is. It's been a long time since I've had a car that rides this comfortably.
Stiffer of course, but as the car is underdamped with stock springs it was noticeably worse when lowered with stock shocks and struts. E.g. some porpoising on the highway bump. Added the Koni's and I'm very happy. With the yellows's its back under control. End result is a firmer but well dampened ride. Not harsh at all.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:21 PM   #7
Reaper

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
Stiffer of course, but as the car is underdamped with stock springs it was noticeably worse when lowered with stock shocks and struts. E.g. some porpoising on the highway bump. Added the Koni's and I'm very happy. With the yellows's its back under control. End result is a firmer but well dampened ride. Not harsh at all.
Cool, i just ordered yellow konis, eibach sport springs, with bmr LCAs and pan hard bar(on back-order…). Good to hear. Any suggestion on what hole to use on the relocation bracket for the LCA having a 2" drop in the back with a 1.3" in the front? Thanks.
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:59 AM   #8
03MachMe

Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Cool, i just ordered yellow konis, eibach sport springs, with bmr LCAs and pan hard bar(on back-order…). Good to hear. Any suggestion on what hole to use on the relocation bracket for the LCA having a 2" drop in the back with a 1.3" in the front? Thanks.
I have the exact same setup and have it on the middle hole. Has worked fine for me so far lol

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #9
Reaper

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
I have the exact same setup and have it on the middle hole. Has worked fine for me so far lol
Thank you! Just waiting on parts now…
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:14 PM   #10
txfiremn

I've been reading mixed info about lca and uca and which is more important to have first. I've read that the uca and mount is more important because you can adjust pinion angle, thus saving your pinion seal and avoid other damage. Others have stated that having the lca's and relos are more important. What is your thoughts or opinions on this.
txfiremn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:14 PM   #11
El_Tortuga

Adjustable LCAs can control the pinion angle too.

I just ordered relocation brackets witht he plan to try them with my track pack LCAs. When I install, I will measure pinion angle and decide if I will also do adj LCAs.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:04 AM   #12
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by txfiremn View Post
I've been reading mixed info about lca and uca and which is more important to have first. I've read that the uca and mount is more important because you can adjust pinion angle, thus saving your pinion seal and avoid other damage. Others have stated that having the lca's and relos are more important. What is your thoughts or opinions on this.

Correct pinion angle. I'm sure a lot of guys without an adjustable Uca on a lowered car haven't put enough miles on them to notice the negative effects yet.

The Queen: