Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Suspension

Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
zsommer79

Default Ford Racing adj Handling Package

So I ordered a the FR adj handling package and was wondering if I should go ahead and change anything else when I install. I see a lot of people using LCA relocation brackets but the Frod package doesn't use them, why? The car is a DD and I am only doing the 1" drop P springs for now.
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
03MachMe

You shouldn't need the relocation brackets with only a 1" drop. I'm not sure if that comes with a panhard bar but that's the only thing you would "need"

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
maxpayne

Congrats man. Buying the pack is the best way to do it I think. Just buy it all together and stick it all on at once.

To your question, I agree with 03. I did some research on this for my setup, and I think you will be okay holding off on the lca and lca relos since your drop is not too aggressive. But, I am dropping 1"F/1.25"R and I am still getting lca/relos. Just because.

Also, get a panhard. I have seen people drop their stang and didn't use a panhard because it didn't "look" like they needed it. However, to my eye - it needed one bad!

Last edited by maxpayne; 12-07-2013 at 11:51 AM.
maxpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
zsommer79

The kit comes with the panhard bar so I am good to go there. If I decide I need to go lower I will be sure to get new LCAs and the relo bracket. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
5PointSlow

make sure you post up a review! I was talking to a buddy of mine in the industry that highly recommends the FRPP kit because they are tokico built but spec'd by dynamic. supposed to be a really good combination.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
Dan12GT

It's not needed even if you go lower but best to get it if you want the best traction result.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
zsommer79

Originally Posted by 5PointSlow View Post
make sure you post up a review! I was talking to a buddy of mine in the industry that highly recommends the FRPP kit because they are tokico built but spec'd by dynamic. supposed to be a really good combination.
I will do my best to give it a review but I am not even remotely qualified to do so. Should get it this week but it may be a while before I get it put on since I am not sure when I will have time to install it. Might just look into having a shop doing it depending on the cost.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #8
Dominic Toretto

My car is lowered with the P springs and my stock LCAs are not parallel anymore. I have since ordered BMRs relocation brackets and LCAs to correct the issue. Bare in mind, I also changed the wheels and tires, so that may also have effected the sustpension height of the car. There are a few ways to adjust the suspension, so not to get too confusing, I had the same question as you. Long answer short, you don't "need" to adjust the angle of the LCAs however, when you lower the car, the suspension changes and when you accelerate the rear is getting less traction because the angle of the control arms has changed. The rear of the control arms raises. They need to be flat. You can drive as is but, you will be be getting the traction that you should. BMRs relocation brackets has three available setting to adjust the LCA angle.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #9
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by zsommer79 View Post
I will do my best to give it a review but I am not even remotely qualified to do so. Should get it this week but it may be a while before I get it put on since I am not sure when I will have time to install it. Might just look into having a shop doing it depending on the cost.
What city are you in?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 12-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #10
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
My car is lowered with the P springs and my stock LCAs are not parallel anymore. I have since ordered BMRs relocation brackets and LCAs to correct the issue. Bare in mind, I also changed the wheels and tires, so that may also have effected the sustpension height of the car. There are a few ways to adjust the suspension, so not to get too confusing, I had the same question as you. Long answer short, you don't "need" to adjust the angle of the LCAs however, when you lower the car, the suspension changes and when you accelerate the rear is getting less traction because the angle of the control arms has changed. The rear of the control arms raises. They need to be flat. You can drive as is but, you will be be getting the traction that you should. BMRs relocation brackets has three available setting to adjust the LCA angle.

-Alex
Changing the wheel/tire height won't affect the suspension height, just the appearance of the suspension height (taller tire makes the car look lower, vice versa). It will change how the geometry of the suspension works with the car and putting down traction.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
It will change how the geometry of the suspension works with the car and putting down traction.
It would change the degree in change for the LCAs right? Like if I had lowered the car and kept the stock wheels, the LCA may have changed a certain degree but, by also changing the tire diameter, it changes the LCA angle also right?

-Alex

Old 12-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
DirtyD

It would change the degree in change for the LCAs right? Like if I had lowered the car and kept the stock wheels, the LCA may have changed a certain degree but, by also changing the tire diameter, it changes the LCA angle also right?

-Alex
I was eating Whataburger when I answered that, so let me think about it for a minute.... haha
Old 12-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #13
DirtyD

The LCA is connected to the "body" and the "axle", therefore the only time the LCA angle will change is when the distance between the axle and body decrease.

The tire diameter would only affect the distance between axle and angle when the suspension is conpressed. i.e. a shorter tire would allow the tire to tuck further inside of the wheel well when cornering, causing a greater change in LCA angle, but not to exceed the height of the fully compressed suspension.

At least that's what I came up with.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #14
zsommer79

What city are you in?

-Alex
I live in Allen and work in Dallas.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #15
zsommer79

Ok, so now my OCD self thinks I need need new LCAs and relos. Looking at the BMR stuff but also noticed Ford racing makes relos and can get the Boss R LCAs. Any opinions between the two?